Ideas to improve H&S

might be really far-fetched this idea
im wondering if its possible to add a laser on the m4 so you can aim more precisely
might be handy for ppl that shoot like morons
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
also no that's clientside

Clearly shows you haven’t worked lmao. Most workplaces have their own intranet which you already access with a vpn, so either you’re working with a work vpn or you’re not working

when i was playing now i got an idea i don't know if you will like it or not and i don't know also if it is possible or not can we add a command like !reduce to reduce hiders points (-1)
for example in a lot of maps when i have 2 points and 3 other players have 2 points but they died and there is still another round after that round that we play in i don't know if i must die or not and if i won and in the next round none won i regret winning in that round because i will miss the cage fight. so if there is a command for reducing points of hiders it will be awesome. i had alot of ideas in my mind that regarded to the h&s gametype but i can not remember all of them until i see them in the game. :LOL:

when i was playing now i got an idea i don't know if you will like it or not and i don't know also if it is possible or not can we add a command like !reduce to reduce hiders points (-1)
for example in a lot of maps when i have 2 points and 3 other players have 2 points but they died and there is still another round after that round that we play in i don't know if i must die or not and if i won and in the next round none won i regret winning in that round because i will miss the cage fight. so if there is a command for reducing points of hiders it will be awesome. i had alot of ideas in my mind that regarded to the h&s gametype but i can not remember all of them until i see them in the game. :LOL:
eh? you want to remove kills for people?
if its cage you want, maybe its just better get cage every h&s map, and factor in the number of kills to be extra health / armor or somethng, could be nice.

eh? you want to remove kills for people?
if its cage you want, maybe its just better get cage every h&s map, and factor in the number of kills to be extra health / armor or somethng, could be nice.
oh yeah, i think the winner of the cage should be awarded somehow in the next map

oh yeah, i think the winner of the cage should be awarded somehow in the next map
I actually think maps should be completley seperated, start a blank page each map giving equal chance of winning to all hiders / seekers.

I think the current meta of "being the best hider" is a little outdated nowadays, many people prefer the challenge of more skill-based prusuits, maybe giving the "better hider" the advantage in cage, but not automatically giving him the win could be interesting, it does kind of deviates from the "vanilla" h&s game mode though.

I do think, there needs to be another way for seekers to win the game other than killing everybody every round, my first thought was letting them participate in the cage fight, if one of them actually wins, hiders lose, maybe leaderboards could have a TOTAL wins (as both seeker and hider) as well, where losing as the best hider, would not count towards your "total" wins etc... this will keep the "best hider fo this map" and "best seeker of this map" but not count towardsyour total wins

A rewards for top leaderboards could be something aesthetic like some form of a "Badge" like a role with #1-10 or something before their names (similar to admin roles just without any powers) this is easy to implement too and will keep the game a bit more competitive.

cagefight - I'll implement this (based on a cvar so we can think whether we will enable it or not).
If g_cageFightType = 1 ->
1) Every hider gets into cage not only high score ones
2) For every point you have you'll get +25 health points (so 0 pt players have the normal 100 hp, while 3 pts have 175hp)
3) >0 pt cagefighters also deal more damage (but not enough to one-stab you into the body).

cagefight - I'll implement this (based on a cvar so we can think whether we will enable it or not).
2) For every point you have you'll get +25 health points (so 0 pt players have the normal 100 hp, while 3 pts have 175hp)
3) >0 pt cagefighters also deal more damage (but not enough to one-stab you into the body).
Need to consider that for example 2 pt player will have advantage againts 0-1.
Cuz normal body hit is 75 dmg, therefore 2 blows kill 0-2 t players , if i understand your method right

fucking hell, im very astonished janno by the great job ur doing atm.

if boe let 1fx mod be open source(d) (or at least give u access) long time ago then sof2 h&s could have been on a whole another level by now.

Cuz normal body hit is 75 dmg, therefore 2 blows kill 0-2 t players , if i understand your method right
i think thats the point, because its the reward hiders get for managing to win rounds.

- I lowkey think we should replace ak stabbing in cage with something else.
- and/or when there are only 2 remaining in cage, they will be stripped of ak and have to slice eachother with knives and 1 throwable knife?

Last edited:
As splash stated, that will be intentional. By having more wins in a game, you’ll have an advantage in the cagefight, simple

- I lowkey think we should replace ak stabbing in cage with something else.
- and/or when there are only 2 remaining in cage, they will be stripped of ak and have to slice eachother with knives and 1 throwable knife
It’s ak for a reason. Knifing is simpler than ak and faster too, I wouldn’t change that tbh

another idea is that the cage shrinks as hiders die,
but its kinda useless cuz some hiders might get trapped or even go out of the boundaries idk

Back