Ideas to improve H&S

another idea is that the cage shrinks as hiders die,
but its kinda useless cuz some hiders might get trapped or even go out of the boundaries idk
Sof isn’t that sophisticated. easiest part would either setting the coordinates every x amount of time or respawninf the shrinked cage, but ye that can make some hiders get stuck and whatever.

new cagefight is now implemented

a couple of minigame ideas i had
what about a minigame called "boss fight"
like ~10 hiders go against 1 seeker in a large cage. seeker gets like 2000hp points
all can deal 25pts of damage on each slice (and knockback will be applied on slice for the hiders but not for the seeker)

so seek has 2000hp and is alone against ~10 hiders (or 2 seeks with 20 hiders) and they duel it out

another idea is knife-throw-dodgeball. on a high arena with a cage in between, you get 1 knife (miss throw = you get new one etc), you have to hit your opponent which will push them back hard, if you're lucky they fall off and die

just shooting some ideas

a couple of minigame ideas i had
what about a minigame called "boss fight"
like ~10 hiders go against 1 seeker in a large cage. seeker gets like 2000hp points
all can deal 25pts of damage on each slice

so seek has 2000hp and is alone against ~10 hiders (or 2 seeks with 20 hiders) and they duel it out
OMFG, I would LOVE to play this! :love:

But, the seekers should have a tiny disadvantage, such as slow speed, or few helpful weapons.

another idea is knife-throw-dodgeball. on a high arena with a cage in between, you get 1 knife (miss throw = you get new one etc), you have to hit your opponent which will push them back hard, if you're lucky they fall off and die
SO FUN! I instantly got a map idea for this. pog

But, the seeker has to has a tiny disadvantage, such as slow speed, or few helpful weapons.
10 hiders against 1 seek when everyone deals 25hp of damage.
in a second you manage to do 2 slices
that means seeker will hit you for -50 while 10 hiders can do -500. I'd say that the seeker actually needs a more of a buff hhh

10 hiders against 1 seek when everyone deals 25hp of damage.
in a second you manage to do 2 slices
that means seeker will hit you for -50 while 10 hiders can do -500. I'd say that the seeker actually needs a more of a buff hhh
Sounds reasonable, now that I thought about it.
I think the map (inf) is the best for this one.

Still vouching for "Hiders' knives lending, by throwing them at each other".

I've recently noticed the physics of the seeker briefcase, it can bounce and shit! we could figure a minigame out of this or something.

We could also create a "Gun Game" deathmatch, basically you spawn with a knife and as you get kills you get better weapons. (and whoever reaches and gets a kill with the final weapon wins)

Another is "Bodyguarding" minigame, 1 player in blue team (the team with less players, around maximum 6) must be protected at all costs by his teammates as the red team's goal is to kill him? (my imagination is through the roof yo)

Another is "Volleyball" but with nades lol

^ those would be better if there was like a trigger in the mapcycle file, if the total players are less than 10 dont load a certain map, etc.

Last edited:
We could also create a "Gun Game" deathmatch, basically you spawn with a knife and as you get kills you get better weapons. (and whoever reaches and gets a kill with the final weapon wins)
Shoke did that, didn’t succeed
Another is "Bodyguarding" minigame, 1 player in blue team (the team with less players, around maximum 6) must be protected at all costs by his teammates as the red team's goal is to kill him? (my imagination is through the roof yo)
idk a good way to incorporate this. Not hard to do, just don’t get a good idea from it sry
Another is "Volleyball" but with nades lol
We got that one with glass maps

Only thing left to do for h&s to be fun again is

Custom maps custom maps custom maps.

An external program that connects to the remote server and auto-downloads all custom maps/places in the correct directory. With in mind that egys should be able to download the maps in ~30 secs..

@Splash This sounds like a job for you to do.

An external program that connects to the remote server and auto-downloads all custom maps/places in the correct directory. With in mind that egys should be able to download the maps in ~30 secs..
Ye but it still expects them to download the program first. That’s the problematic side

Custom maps custom maps custom maps.
Indeed, in fact I've recently spoken with many staff members about hosting a 2nd h&s server dedicated for custom maps; Mclaren said he is (hopefully) on it, fingers crossed!

@Splash This sounds like a job for you to do.
External program? Sounds like a great alternative to the in-game "sv_autodownload" (which doesnt work)!

Ye but it still expects them to download the program first. That’s the problematic side
True, if we could figure out a minimal and smart way to automatically download the all-maps-in-one .pk3 file and to extract it at the correct directory with one click, that will be a huge win.

Can't think of any other ways than to:

Display a mini tab overlaying the forums in English/Arabic as you enter www.3d-sof2.com,
that contains a message saying "We created a custom maps server blah blah want to download the custom maps pk3? blah blah yes or no prompt."

Clicking yes can either ask you to locate base/mp folder, so the file gets automatically downloaded there.

Or at least locate your sof2 folder, and we can add an extra "/base/mp" to that directory.

dont think the download directories can be set/changed by websites, unless its been given permissions?

Last edited:
True, if we could figure out a minimal and smart way to automatically download the all-maps-in-one .pk3 file and to extract it at the correct directory with one click, that will be a huge win.
They can download FP means they can download a file and put it to the right location.

my question rather would be that httpdownloader doesn’t need serving from server side and we have the source of RPM 0.75. Why don’t we add httpdownloader on top of that, put together a new clientmod and push that out instead of 2k3?

Indeed, in fact I've recently spoken with many staff members about hosting a 2nd h&s server dedicated for custom maps; Mclaren said he is (hopefully) on it, fingers crossed!
Creating a second server and dividing the players is not going to work.

1 click program can’t be that complicated for egys.. if they figured out how to use my hacks then i dont see a problem how they wouldnt figure out how to download a simple maps.exe program and click on it.

if they figured out how to use my hacks
Hhhhhhhhhhh

but still I would move on with a clientmod level fix instead of a single purpose file downloading app. The app shouldn’t be hard to make yes and would take like 30 minutes I’d guess to create one (just have one file pop up window - show me to your sof2mp file and rest is just downloading, don’t even need a crazy UI for it). Just that with having a clientmod we might have more plans in the future, more extras, even more gametypes which might need file downloads whatever, having a new mod which would have a httpdownloader (and preferably an updater for itself) would be better in the long run

Indeed, in fact I've recently spoken with many staff members about hosting a 2nd h&s server dedicated for custom maps; Mclaren said he is (hopefully) on it, fingers crossed
Can also confirm that yes a 2nd server is on the way yet I agree with Shoke. Didn’t agree with separating servers but as I told mclaren he won’t listen to me anyhow hhhh

Yep obviously a clientmod is a better alternative but that is if you are going to put all your time and effort into it. But for the time being an external downloader wud do the trick for now.

boys please let me know how i can fix this shit i got enough time on my hands atm, and i would really like to do this, but i need some guidance :)

Back