Ideas to improve H&S

Yep obviously a clientmod is a better alternative but that is if you are going to put all your time and effort into it. But for the time being an external downloader wud do the trick for now.
you could make a software that runs along-side the client (similar to anti-cheat) that communicates with the 3D server and pre-downloads a couple maps ahead, while playing (according to the mapcycle) in the background, their ping is gonna suffer but its aweful anyway so how bad can it get <:

you could make a software that runs along-side the client (similar to anti-cheat) that communicates with the 3D server and pre-downloads a couple maps ahead, while playing (according to the mapcycle) in the background, their ping is gonna suffer but its aweful anyway so how bad can it get <:
good idea but making a program that just connect to 3D server download whatever we want it to download then they start the game with maps predownloaded so a one time thing seems better

instead of keeping a constant connection between the server and the client let alone download and play sof2 at the same time will lag for most egys

They can download FP means they can download a file and put it to the right location.

my question rather would be that httpdownloader doesn’t need serving from server side and we have the source of RPM 0.75. Why don’t we add httpdownloader on top of that, put together a new clientmod and push that out instead of 2k3?
Sounds like a great idea, since nowadays the source code of at least 80% of such client side mods are now available.

I have shit ton of resource codes of random mods in my sof directory,

however if we could merge (at least the good features of) all those mods into 1 3d RPM-like mod,

then it'd be fucking awesome as we might indeed have future plans and the existence of such mod will be a good addition!

Why not (if possible) create our own patch of sof2mp.exe that allows such feature?

Also, nowadays my ping doesnt get as massively affected by background downloads as it used to be years ago even though im living in the worst (infrastracture-wise) egyptian city lol

Why not (if possible) create our own patch of sof2mp.exe that allows such feature?

does not work well with fairplay, guard and patches fixes as they use their own sof2mp.exe too

Had a bit of time today... this is something what i had in my mind when i said its best to make a 1 click download program.. Devil you should make it more advanced.

C:
#define CURL_STATICLIB
#include <curl\curl.h>

#pragma warning(disable:4996) //_CRT_

size_t write_file(void* ptr, size_t size, size_t nmemb, FILE* stream) {
    size_t written = fwrite(ptr, size, nmemb, stream);
    return written;
}

int main(void)
{
    CURL* curl;
    FILE* fp = NULL;
    CURLcode res;

printf("simple maps downloader 8==D");

char* addy = "http://link/custommaps.rar";

char OutMe[] = "maps.rar";

curl = curl_easy_init();
    if (curl) {

printf("\nDOWNLOADING THE FILES... PLEASE WAIT.");

fp = fopen(OutMe, "wb");
        curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, addy);
        curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION, write_file);
        curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_WRITEDATA, fp);

int res = curl_easy_perform(curl);

double download = 0;

res = curl_easy_getinfo(curl, CURLINFO_SPEED_DOWNLOAD, &download);

double dl = download / 1024;
        if(!res){
            printf("AVG DL %0.3f kbyte/sec.\n", dl);
        }

if (res == CURLE_OK) {
            printf("custom maps shizzle is done..\n");
        }
        else {
            printf("failed to download custom maps..");
        }
        curl_easy_cleanup(curl);

fclose(fp);
    }

printf("\n\npress a key to exit..\n");

_getch();
    return 0;
}

yoo good job shoke

But Janno and me are already working in a new sof2 client/mod with http downloader using cURL with good features
but hey making a fast GUI external downloader with advanced features using C# winforms for now till our new sof2 mod is finished won't harm and take me any time

Thats good to hear. So if the custom download thingie works out which im very skeptical about anyway (this is prob like 10th attempt) then it would be worth creating new small custom maps.

How about a nade for the hider when thrown under you, creates a bot that runs the other direction to confuse the seeker

I have some suggestions, Just make the cage bigger noone can play in the current cage with the new cage system and more fences maybe 2 or 3 and it will be ok, and make seekers taser gun have only one shot because it's overpowered.
and for 3d Custommaps if you can make it (When someone connects to the server, server mods and maps auto-download like fivem servers).
and last thing make the telegun teleports you to any position you want with only 2 shots.

make seekers taser gun have only one shot because it's overpowered.
Totally agree, 5 bullets is too much; maybe 2 or 3 max.

When someone connects to the server, server mods and maps auto-download like fivem servers
This is already present under the cvar "sv_autodownload" or something, but it's broken and Boe tried to fix it long time ago.

and last thing make the telegun teleports you to any position you want with only 2 shots.
Don't really think I understood this clearly, telegun currently teleports to the teammate that got shot with it.

Back