Ideas to improve H&S

btw its almost 1 year past since you said you'll become globol, you've now 4-5 times the hours i got where globol????????

All these suggestions are okay but they arent a break through in the gameplay. I think the breakthrough wud be making client and server changes. With the client its an “open world” Some awesome changes can be done. 90% has to be client changes and 10% server changes. Its the only way to make the gametype interesting again.

Your are probably right, but reinnovating to such scale on such an old game would be a waste of time, you could probably spend not much more and re-build this game in unread or unity, especially with existing libraries and tools, I think at this point those who stayed are the last ones, and we should just keep ourselves entertained until the end 😥

Cypher cam and tripwire in sof2, that is genius, while your at it you can add a killjoy turret for seekers :oops: I think this will not be easy to implement though.

The nade is op I agree, I think h&s is perceived wrong, it is not a 1st person shooter, and it doesn't work like a molly, the slow effect is a good implementation, but the fact that everyone can get one makes it all the more difficult for seekers, the more people cooperating with it, the more impossible it becomes for seekers, this nade should be a randomly distributed item, perhaps a function of hiders quantity, like for every 5 hiders distribute 1 nade etc... just find a balance for it, unless we can reduce the slowness significantly without hurting other slowness effects in-game of course.

best internet I've ever had! 10gb switches to all offices and 1gb upload/download ISP bandwidth :>
If there is majority of players who wants to nerf this nade, the only easy + effective way to do it , is to do what i suggested already.
cuz you dont need to code it or something, it was this way 10 years ago , it was balanced , all nades were. Players even picked fire nade how it used to be.

if anyone got the time to start a new meta of nades in 3d , ill be the first to support it.

cuz you dont need to code it or something
??? lmao that’s not true, iirc this never existed in 1fxmod nor in RSI as well, idk about 2k3. Which also means that this is not something you will just comment out or whatever…

New idea...: (I think i suggested it already to Darky at the time)

Because its way easier to win as red , you can balance it by adding a new item for seekers to use (in addition to mm1).

I thought of maybe adding a new weapon (ak47 for example) with few bullets (3 maybe - as the m4), which if hider got hit by - it will bounce the player a little or so...
It would be useful againts players to make them fall down from high spots and etc.

suggested it already to Darky
That must’ve been useful
I thought of maybe adding a new weapon (ak47 for example) with few bullets (3 maybe - as the m4), which if hider got hit by - it will bounce the player a little or so...
I actually think this isn’t a bad idea. But under what conditions should this be added? On random if player count > 10?

If there is majority of players who wants to nerf this nade, the only easy + effective way to do it , is to do what i suggested already.
cuz you dont need to code it or something, it was this way 10 years ago , it was balanced , all nades were. Players even picked fire nade how it used to be.

if anyone got the time to start a new meta of nades in 3d , ill be the first to support it.
Well you know what they "Buy cheap, buy twice" changing a single value in the code might be cheap but as this variable affects multiple stuff, this can easily be a recipe for disaster, reaching balance is a very tough thing to do, espeically with the limitation this old game has

That must’ve been useful

I actually think this isn’t a bad idea. But under what conditions should this be added? On random if player count > 10?
Lol why the heat on me ?

Idk i didnt suggest when to see what you'll think

Well you know what they "Buy cheap, buy twice" changing a single value in the code might be cheap but as this variable affects multiple stuff, this can easily be a recipe for disaster, reaching balance is a very tough thing to do, espeically with the limitation this old game has
It was this way in 2009 h&s

New weapon:

Taser gun for seekers (pistol)

on hit will immobilize the enemy for few seconds and reduce his health by 50%

the seeker with highest score last round, get it next round and it only got 3 shots

and it does not need any client side modification , easy to implement and fits h&s style
@Janno

Back