Ideas to improve H&S

some small changes
Honestly, those small changes might save players from rage quitting.

Imagine being a seeker in a small map like mp_kam1 while the roundtimelimit is short as fuck and the hiders just running endlessly with rpg.

just make it a real hide&seek gametype
Indeed, a real hide & seek experience is something we miss.

i often feel like its just runners and chasers or something lmao.

who get killed they go to a prison and maybe their friends can release them somehow
10/10

not to mention, that the deadmonkeys concept is quite underrated currently.

maybe you make something like hiders who get killed they go to a prison and maybe their friends can release them somehow , that can be added nicely to this gametype.
so cops n robbers lulw

we're not dealing with clientside mods because egys can't even download a map pack for fun custom maps,w hy would they download a new RPM?

so cops n robbers lulw
you are using police skins for seekers already lmao
we're not dealing with clientside mods because egys can't even download a map pack for fun custom maps,w hy would they download a new RPM?
i didn't say that you must make it , i'm just saying in general that the h&s needs more client side work than server side , and ofc egys won't download any shit except in one condition which is that you tell them that sof2 gonna have some nude pics on walls if you download it.

REMOVE MAPS THAT GOT GREEN BOXES TY.

ONE MORE THING DON'T FORGET BRITT'S FACE ON THE DOLL TY.

• Love
Reactions: Kid
next one to suggest a map modification on this thread gets banned

New weapon:

Taser gun for seekers (pistol)

on hit will immobilize the enemy for few seconds and reduce his health by 50%

the seeker with highest score last round, get it next round and it only got 3 shots

and it does not need any client side modification , easy to implement and fits h&s style

Last edited:
i often feel like its just runners and chasers or something lmao.
Cops & Robbers was very fun on demo if imo, it didn't work in full version because of a difference in game-mechanics where after a fall you could jump straight away and preserve momentum in the demo version.

New weapon:

Taser gun for seekers

the seeker with highest score last round, get it next round and it only got 3 shots

and it does not need any client side modification , easy to implement and fits h&s style
This is essentially the mm1 isn't it? except for the damage aspect, which I think would be too overpowered.

And about the Hide & Seek aspect, I think bare bones h&s will get old fast, I mean you could do it right now, but people mostly choose not to, if you start forcing this on them I think most people will just quit out of boredom.

New weapon:

Taser gun for seekers

mate this is sof2 not team fortress 2 lmao

• NV Mod had a gametype called Freeze Tag, basically 1 lucky hider gets a nade(Randomly, just like the ? Nade) that freezes seekers for X seconds.

Cops & Robbers was very fun on demo if imo, it didn't work in full version because of a difference in game-mechanics where after a fall you could jump straight away and preserve momentum in the demo version.

This is essentially the mm1 isn't it? except for the damage aspect, which I think would be too overpowered.

And about the Hide & Seek aspect, I think bare bones h&s will get old fast, I mean you could do it right now, but people mostly choose not to, if you start forcing this on them I think most people will just quit out of boredom.
it is not like the mm1 at all. like it will be a pistol so it is hard to aim and it make enemy freeze not reduce their speed

god, fire nades are a nightmare for seekers.
it can stay but with reduced effect on speed
ye we can increase the speed of it but to be honest being a seeker is hard enough, not enough solid seekers etc.

ok so checking firenade, mm1 etc, the speed is slowed by 110 units:
C:
} else if(level.time <= client->sess.slowtime) {
    client->ps.speed = g_speed.value-110;
}

BUT that is applied to all "slowtime" applicables, which, besides firenades / mm1's, also includes stunning. So if we want to have a quick change, then making firenade not slow down as much will also make stuns not slow down as much and I doubt you want that.

Back