RPMPro Event [CTF 5v5]

SL1D3X

3D # Yugoslavia
Staff member
Dear players,

With @Shoke we decided to make an RPMPro Event (5v5 CTF Scrim) which will be on Saturday from around 12 PM to 1 PM (GMT +2). Every player has to download RPMPro otherwise you will be automatically kicked from the server. Register through these links mentioned below.

EU Version: http://eu.roxmod.net/
Egypt Version: http://egy.roxmod.net/

IMPORTANT NOTICE
Cheating is NOT allowed! That means if one of the players from the team is using any sort of cheats the whole team will be disqualified. No mercy.
Mods are allowed.

How to download RPMPro (for those who have no idea what to do)

1. Download RPMPro
2. Open RPMPro.rar, copy the RPMPro folder, and paste it into your SOF2 Directory.
1.png
3. Run "RPM_Start_Game.bat"
2.png
4. Enjoy! Oh and keep in mind that your settings will be set to default so I recommend you copy your sof2mp.cfg from RPM or mp and paste it into the RPMPro folder.

Last edited:
ain't that a bit too soon to let know? I can't join this weekend definitely.

What maps are you guys planning to play?
Oh that sucks :/.. We're going to play Italy and maybe kam2

If this goes well, we could plan this every weekend.

Also it's worth to specify the timezone. I assume you're speaking GMT+01:00+DST currently.

@Shoke - what's the check? cg_proClient check only? Cuz that can be easily bypassed hhhh (even tho who would want to use RPM if you could use RPMPro)

I also added a notice to the forums and sent out notifications so it would draw a bit more attention.

Last edited:
And yeah the check is pretty simple, but will work. Obviously can be bypassed but its not the point of it :p

C:
    if(g_rpmClientsOnly.integer && !client->sess.rpmClient)
    if(g_rpmClientsOnly.integer && !client->sess.rpmClient)
    {
        if ( level.time > client->sess.sendwarning )
        {
            client->sess.DontPrintMotd = qtrue;
            client->sess.countwarnings += 1;
            trap_SendServerCommand(ent-g_entities, va("cp \"^_[WARNING^_] ^7 THIS SERVER ONLY SUPPORTS RPMPRO CLIENT 4.00\n ^_DOWNLOAD IT NOW OR YOU WILL BE KICKED!\nYou can download it here: eu.roxmod.net\n\n ^6This is your ^3#%i ^3WARNING ^6/ ^33.\n\"",client->sess.countwarnings));
            client->sess.sendwarning = level.time + 10000;

if(client->sess.countwarnings == 4){
              trap_DropClient( ent->s.number, "\nThis server is for players using ^1RPMPro ^4client-side ^7ONLY.\nPlease go to ^6eu.roxmod.net ^7to download it now." );
             client->sess.countwarnings = 0;
            }
        }

hhhh I once "fooled" the servers to think that RPMPro7.00 was RPM2.0 by setting cg_proClient to "N/A" and cg_rpmClient to 2.0 and then using setu (I think) to set thirdperson as a visible variable to the server. Apart from the scoreboard being fucked, others saw my thirdperson on their scoreboard so win win hhhh

Why 4.00 tho, as I personally preferred 7.00

One last thing... FUCK YOU "AT". YOU'RE NOT WELCOME IN THE SERVER YOU FUCKING DIPSHITS.

hhhh I once "fooled" the servers to think that RPMPro7.00 was RPM2.0 by setting cg_proClient to "N/A" and cg_rpmClient to 2.0 and then using setu (I think) to set thirdperson as a visible variable to the server. Apart from the scoreboard being fucked, others saw my thirdperson on their scoreboard so win win hhhh

Why 4.00 tho, as I personally preferred 7.00

One last thing... FUCK YOU "AT". YOU'RE NOT WELCOME IN THE SERVER YOU FUCKING DIPSHITS.
HHHHH.

In the old days most players used the 4.00 version of the client for Italy if i remember correctly and I want to keep the "experience" the same for everyone. In my opinion it is what it gives that "nostalgia" feel. Happened to me when i tested the changes i did to RPMPRO in the server these days.

However i don't think egys will feel the same way. Maybe they will hate it and won't play at all, I'm also the opinion that this oldschool nostalgia feels lives only in players like you and me. which makes sense too, we were there from the beginning. But hey, that's what we are going to see this saturday and if it fails then it was worth a try. If it succeeds then maybe we can play this often.

In the old days most players used the 4.00 version of the client for Italy if i remember correctly and I want to keep the "experience" the same for everyone. In my opinion it is what it gives that "nostalgia" feel. Happened to me when i tested the changes i did to RPMPRO in the server these days.
Yeah true, 3.31 and 4.00 was the italy prime. Albeit in UI perspective I preferred 7.00, as that also brought dynamic third crosshair etc hhh.
I'm also the opinion that this oldschool nostalgia feels lives only in players like you and me.
Yeah can be. Although an upside is that others do like italy, I see daily activity in savages server.

Your server will run roxmod with added compatibility for RPMPro? Or an actual RPMPro server as well?

Oh and yeah... this is something i wanted to do for a very long time... but never got to do it either was too lazy or didn't have enough time.

Yeah true, 3.31 and 4.00 was the italy prime. Albeit in UI perspective I preferred 7.00, as that also brought dynamic third crosshair etc hhh.

Yeah can be. Although an upside is that others do like italy, I see daily activity in savages server.

Your server will run roxmod with added compatibility for RPMPro? Or an actual RPMPro server as well?

Runs an actual RPMPRO with added shortcut commands. (Not completed but enough for scrim)

Nice! Anyhow I wish you guys luck and lets hope it'll have some traction.

@Devil worth advertising this in sof2.org discord server as well, has a lot of oldschool players in it and lately they've been getting even more members in it

Back