[SOF2] Mapcycle / MapRotation Need Help

I can't find it on google - kawa's tool. Does your site have this program?

But I can extract by QuArK "entities.a" file from bsp. Then I think i need to add a parameter to it - "music" "music /test.mp3"

or this one ? "soundSet" "radio_music03"

And then what to do with the entities.a file?

my tools are just an entity editor, basically editing the .ent files, you can find it here or here
it doesn't explain what each attribute does though, you will need to dig somewhere else, like what @Splash linked here
but first, get 1fxmod, setup your server, start it, devmap into your map, then open the entity file and start editing.
here is a tool to extract the entites from the bsp

Here is a link on how to use the tool itself, keep in mind this is not a visual editor like NV mod, try the examples in my tutorial and see if it satisfies your needs or not.

This is a tutorial for entity editing and installation + setup for 1fxmod

I have already configured 1fx. I just added my custom maps to the mapcycle and can run the .BAT file - Dedicatet Server for windows.

Thank you, I will read

Is it possible to remove or hide Welocome message info on startup ?

I think I figured out what to do and I managed to start music with one map. You have no idea how happy I was about this ) 1fx is a very cool mod, I am impressed your work!

Tomorrow I will try if I can edit the rest of the entities files

Is there a 1fx mod for Return to castle Wolfenstein ? There is the same problem with music and entities files that cannot be edited.

Is there a 1fx mod for Return to castle Wolfenstein ?
I got no idea, haven't played it myself.
Is it possible to remove or hide Welocome message info on startup ?
As it turns out unfortunately there is not. You can remove the messages from the cfg file (server_motd) and also you can remove the every x minute messages as well (server_message). But motd (the message covering the screen when you enter the server) cannot be removed out of box.

If you're familiar with programming, then it is possible to remove it yourself, as 1fxmod is open-source.

I am an ordinary player and I am not familiar with programming, well, that's okay. It's bad that there is no 1fx for RTCW, the structure is the same as in SOF2

There was a problem with 1fx mod. One map problem

Copied all the information to the ent file (From the original ENT) and added music script. Music works well but weapons cannot spawn on the map

I checked if i start the map without mod 1fx, the weapon spawns fine on this map

This is an ENT file that will not spawn weapon if i use 1FX mod.
The map is called "spam" And there is only one weapon on it (As provided by the author of map) I am using DM game mode

Attached file:

Attachments

• spam.ent
    2.5 KB · Views: 5
First, this entity seems far too small to contain all map entities. Remember, you have to extract the entity from the bsp file and you can do modification on top of it, the original contents still have to stay in as well (you can modify them, but don't remove rows).

Second - add the entity to maps/gametype folder (gametype by the gametype you wish to play) and rename the entity file to map name.

So if you're speaking about swimminpool and the gametype is ctf, then the file should be in /1fx/maps/ctf/ and filename should be swimminpool.ent

I did it all correctly, I have already edited 3 maps and everything starts normally with music and in map rotation. But it is on this map that weapons cannot spawn

"this entity seems far too small to contain all map entities"
But if I run this map without mod 1fx, then the weapon spawns normally. This is a small map, there are not many objects on it and only one kind of weapon

I don't remove any rows, i just added "music" "music/spam"

i added the entity to 1fx/maps/dm - 'dm' folder I created myself, since it was not there. And the name of the ENT file is the same as that of the map - spam.ent

I've already done all this with the other three maps and everything works well except for this map.

just to be sure, what's the cvar g_pickupsdisabled value on the server? If that's 1, then pickup weapons will not appear on ground.

Is it possible to add this cvar to the mapcycle just to run this map ?

Examle:

mapcycle
{
map0
{
command "map spam"
cvars
{
scorelimit 1
timelimit 1
g_gametype dm
g_pickupsdisabled 0 ------------------------------------Here
g_motd "Next map is cs_assault"
}
}

Is it possible to add this cvar to the mapcycle just to run this map ?

Examle:

mapcycle
{
map0
{
command "map spam"
cvars
{
scorelimit 1
timelimit 1
g_gametype dm
g_pickupsdisabled 0 ------------------------------------Here
g_motd "Next map is cs_assault"
}
}
Yes it is and that’s probably the best way to do it

I checked and it didn't help.

I even wrote g_pickupsdisabled in the console at the beginning and saw that it was set to "0"

For check, I removed from the 1fx/maps/dm/spam.ent - file, and launched the map, (now turned on without music) Weapon also do not spawn with the 1fx mod enabled

If i turn off the 1fx mod, then this map works well with weapon

The most interesting thing is that with the 1fx mod enabled on this map, only one first aid kit will spawn in the middle of the map

Last edited:
Back