Feedback on latest changes

Janno

why let your life be controlled by fairytales
Hello,

Please provide feedback on latest changes on this thread.

Changes done:
1) Telegun (5 bullets to shoot another hider and on successful hit you teleport to him)
2) Firenade range reduction and speed increment when out of range
3) Firenade for every seeker and one nade per seeker for a random hider
4) Cagefight - everyone gets in but higher the score you have, the more benefits you have
5) Only spectating blue team to avoid speckillers

Janno

First of all: thank you for active development!!

1) Mostly useful for when I can’t get on a good spot but someone else already is (I’m noob). Doesn’t happen that often. Could be very useful in some situations. There was this mp_shop don’t touch the floor map where you get teleported to a cage if you hit the ground. You can teleport yourself out of there with the telegun. Overall not that much used, some players also still confused and try to stun seekers with it.
2) Yep fine!
3) Also fine!
4) Haven’t tried it yet
5) In theory a good idea imo. Hard to see any results as admins don’t experience this. I do still see sometimes people try to speckill but I’ll just have to guess that they can’t.

4) Haven’t tried it yet
Update: fun! health bar just looks weird. Maybe it could be scaled or smth (so 0 pts players get 25% of health bar if best player has 4 pts, who gets 100%). No clue if possible or if others share the same opinion.

Update: fun! health bar just looks weird. Maybe it could be scaled or smth (so 0 pts players get 25% of health bar if best player has 4 pts, who gets 100%). No clue if possible or if others share the same opinion.
iirc it's the client side drawing it based on the health parameter.

would require much more work to be done to have it show properly and then players will ask "reeeeeeeeeeeee why i have half health at start"

"iirc it's the client side drawing it based on the health parameter"
yea the client store a display value thats returned from the server but the real value is stored at the server,

@Janno
maybe we can spawn them burning till their hp reduce to 25% or something synced with the seconds before the cage fight start this way it will make sense

but the real value is stored at the server,
I know.
But these are my options:
1) keep as is
2) do a backwards calculation on each player based on their score how much they should have hp while keeping the highest rated player at 100hp and then create damage variables on each damage call to state based on score how much damage they should do (to achieve same goal)

you know my response hhh
maybe we can spawn them burning till their hp reduce to 25% or something synced with the seconds before the cage fight start this way it will make sense
but no it doesn’t make sense because eyebrows would still be raised and I’d still have to calculate the damage multipliers for each score set

1) Telegun (5 bullets to shoot another hider and on successful hit you teleport to him)
idea on telegun i just had because egys dumdum

What if I do enable shooting a seeker with the telegun, just that the logic will be slightly different:
You shoot a hider - you teleport to him
You shoot a seeker - seeker teleports to his spawn position (not a respawn, he keeps all his weapons and nades etc)

So telegun will have an effect for seekers as well

ideas?

idea on telegun i just had because egys dumdum

What if I do enable shooting a seeker with the telegun, just that the logic will be slightly different:
You shoot a hider - you teleport to him
You shoot a seeker - seeker teleports to his spawn position (not a respawn, he keeps all his weapons and nades etc)

So telegun will have an effect for seekers as well

ideas?
sounds great, but honestly if it happened to me i would get triggered especially in a big map like mp_shop.

how about it pushes the seeker a little far away from the position he got shot at, like a knockback gun.

or shooting a seeker teleports you to a random hider,
this might be a win-win situation because the hider would lose the gun and he might be teleported to a hider in a shit (easy, not high) spot thats also a win for the seeker.

or shooting a seeker teleports him to the nearest seeker

Last edited:
What if a seeker was wanting to throw a nade and then whilst hes almost ready to actually throw it, he gets shot. Will he still have the nade? Does the game brick or its simply - 1 because he released it

What if a seeker was wanting to throw a nade and then whilst hes almost ready to actually throw it, he gets shot. Will he still have the nade? Does the game brick or its simply - 1 because he released it
if it's thrown before he gets shot the nade will play out normally. If he releases at the exact same time when he gets teled then yeah game will brick and -1 it probably.

Hello,

Please provide feedback on latest changes on this thread.

Changes done:
2) Firenade range reduction and speed increment when out of range
3) Firenade for every seeker and one nade per seeker for a random hider
4) Cagefight - everyone gets in but higher the score you have, the more benefits you have
5) Only spectating blue team to avoid speckillers

Janno
Wtf is telegun? Half of the time it doesnt even work and its just unneccesary in general.

Back