DevTools - Easy availableWeapons generator

Devil

reject modernity embrace masculinity
Hello,

So i made a simple utility for 1fx. in python with tkinter that generate values for availableWeapons variable because we know how hard is to change availableWeapons variable.

Capture.png

Usage: Select the weapons you want from the weapons checkboxes and click "Output" and it will output availableWeapons variable with the weapons you selected.

Upcoming features:
- Will add hideSeek_Weapons hideSeek_Nades hideSeek_Extra variable and its checkboxes
- May add weapon images next to the check boxes
- Will add dark theme

Download DevTools.exe

The file size is 9MB+ for some reason perhaps it has to do with pyinstaller that changes the python file script to a independent standalone .exe file, perhaps it embeds a small python engine into the exe file idk.

Legendary! 👏
The file size is 9MB+ for some reason perhaps it has to do with pyinstaller that changes the python file script to a independent standalone .exe file, perhaps it embeds a small python engine into the exe file idk.
Try re-creating the project in C# or something.

thx guys and i will try to re-write the whole program in C# and rewrite it as a web app too

anyway here is the source python script for DevTools.exe:

DevTools.py

Attachments

• DevTools.py
    8.6 KB · Views: 529
mens i cleaned up your code so hard yet you still went with your version hhhhh

Nevertheless it's of use for people who might mess up etc. In 3D, we have a graphical version as well on the mapcycle page.
1626242574928.png

Filesize is probably because pyinstaller puts everything into a single file (a runtime environment, tkinter * objects etc), if people want the very lightweight version they can go for the .py file and run that (you need to have python installed then).
Try re-creating the project in C# or something.
You shoud try to make it on VB.NET or C# as @Splash said
Well, first, python is very easy to pick up and it's very versatile. C# is ofcourse very powerful as well but that already enters a more complex programming language domain compared to python. And for a project of this size, imo python is perfectly fine.

Nevertheless, a web version would probably be the best because of its portability, if it's hosted on 3D it's available for everyone everywhere and you don't need to download anything directly. As long as the page is lightweight (minified js/css is in use and you don't import 99 files) the web version would be perfection for this.

Long ago I started a small project 1fxConfig (I think I still got the source code for it) in Java (UI in JavaFX) which main goal was having easy configuration and mapcycle modding in a single application. Never bothered to finish it, but this might be something fun you can do. You started with availableweapons, now turn it into a website and afterwards, you can create a full 1fx mod configuration utility for more cvars.

mens i cleaned up your code so hard yet you still went with your version hhhhh

Nevertheless it's of use for people who might mess up etc. In 3D, we have a graphical version as well on the mapcycle page.
View attachment 884

Filesize is probably because pyinstaller puts everything into a single file (a runtime environment, tkinter * objects etc), if people want the very lightweight version they can go for the .py file and run that (you need to have python installed then).

Well, first, python is very easy to pick up and it's very versatile. C# is ofcourse very powerful as well but that already enters a more complex programming language domain compared to python. And for a project of this size, imo python is perfectly fine.

Nevertheless, a web version would probably be the best because of its portability, if it's hosted on 3D it's available for everyone everywhere and you don't need to download anything directly. As long as the page is lightweight (minified js/css is in use and you don't import 99 files) the web version would be perfection for this.

Long ago I started a small project 1fxConfig (I think I still got the source code for it) in Java (UI in JavaFX) which main goal was having easy configuration and mapcycle modding in a single application. Never bothered to finish it, but this might be something fun you can do. You started with availableweapons, now turn it into a website and afterwards, you can create a full 1fx mod configuration utility for more cvars.
i thought you would release it yourself lads. hahaha

but yeah just like you said availableweapons is just the start of my big project for 1fx, i am just still learning to be able to do it. make small projects and add skills to my arsenal in the process to make more complex projects. thats how self learning works for me
anyway lads. yes i re-wrote it in html,css and pure javascript but i have a problem with it. can you janno fix it?

Capture.png

as you can see the check buttons are not aligned/sorted with each other, man css is a nightmare literally the hardest part about web developing took me more time than making the javascript function

Download devTools.zip

Attachments

• devTools.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 345
i thought you would release it yourself lads. hahaha
Just cuz I removed 100 lines of code doesn’t make it mine hhhh
as you can see the check buttons are not aligned/sorted with each other
If I were you I’d go the easy / lazy route and run bootstrap and put that all into a col-md-3 grid (4 per row) and final row col-md-4 (3 per row), using inline checkboxes, should work

Just cuz I removed 100 lines of code doesn’t make it mine hhhh

If I were you I’d go the easy / lazy route and run bootstrap and put that all into a col-md-3 grid (4 per row) and final row col-md-4 (3 per row), using inline checkboxes, should work
i do not even know how to use bootstrap hahaha
do it for me lads bliz

janno optimized the python script

thx lads

Attachments

• DevTools.py
    4.7 KB · Views: 355
You were supposed to add the commands for the rest of the weapons as well I just did 2 or 3 weapons hhhh

Back