Some changes to the gameplay

Janno

why let your life be controlled by fairytales
We've made some minor modifications after 1fxmod went open source. I'll just list some of them here so you're aware when you see different shit.
  • Extra cage entities and custom cage spawns - some maps are built in a way where we cannot put a large cage in any way we want to, so we have a possibility now to add custom cage spawns and custom cage entities (so various entities which only spawn during cagefight).
  • Spawning cagefighters will not telefrag any more (especially when cage is put into hider spawn points)
  • Drown mechanics - drown start, how fast you drown etc, we now can control them as well so we have the potential to explore certain water maps.
  • Gametype-based automatic nolower/roof/whole/middle system - before the problem was that the whole auto system wasn't made to work with round-based gametypes, especially for H&S because the round might start with whole being open for example but then someone leaves and whole gets closed - seekers can't enter whole where you might be hiding. We changed the logic that on round-based gametypes, the auto system will only trigger an open/closed area on round start and notify the players of what is done.
  • Blockseek - you guys are probably already familiar with that - we can block players from seeking instead of banning (dead game, lets ban the final players as well...)
  • MM1 style - we have the ability now to make MM1 boost like RPG does, we're not sure if we're going to use it tho. :)
  • RPG/L2A2/(MM1 if turned on) boost height is now a modifiable value
  • RPG speed drain - we can now turn on that RPG speed drains over time (like invisible goggles). We're probably going to use that a lot more on maps especially because during lower-player times (< 10 players) with maybe only 1 seek, running RPG dogs are annoying as hell. So you can't run with your RPG 24/7. We can also control how fast the speed drains.
We've some other ideas / minigames also cooking up but will see if they ever see the light of day (or will this game / 3D die before that :) )

Janno

Last edited:
Remarkable top-notch effort, I've always loved the customizability of SoF2; The maps, the mods, and the gametypes, perhaps that's what's making it unique. 👌

Thanks to Boe and you guys, now we'll be able to witness huge improvements in-game! 👏

RPG/L2A2/(MM1 if turned on) boost height is now a modifiable value
A map idea just popped into my head instantly lol.

Anyways, don't forget prophunt please I'm legit dying to play that.

(I'm always available if y'all needed any kind of help (e.g. coding-wise, etc.) to speed things up.)

that is almost done already actually
we just tried with pistol model for jokes
That's actually pretty interesting, I can't wait at this point! 😂👏

But, we gotta fill a map or two with tons of the models so hiders could blend in.

Back