Source SoF2 Main Menu REMAKE (UI/UX)

Source code of specific applications

Splash

3D# Member
Hi,

So, I've recently decided to get out of my shell/comfort zone and finally get to finish this project (Nope, not because I'm dying to get invited back to 3d); basically this is a 2015 never-finished/no-progress-made project by @punisher .

The day I heard about it I was low-key fascinated, but Punisher never provided any further details rather than the basic project prototypes.

Long time ago, I tried to manually implement it but it was utterly hard.
But lately I've found a tool that will drastically help me, (So expect it to be finished in about 1-5 months, lol).

Loading screen:​

Soldier-of-Fortune-2---New-Style-Loading-Screen.jpg

Main Menu:​

Soldier-of-Fortune-2---New-Style.png

Settings:​

Soldier-of-Fortune-2---Settings.png

Serverlist:​

Soldier-of-Fortune-2---serverlist.png

Controls:​

Soldier-of-Fortune-2---Controls.png

Resolution:​

Soldier-of-Fortune-2---resolution.png

Sound:​

Soldier-of-Fortune-2---sounds.png

This doesn't really highlight anything useful, but meh.
Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Soldier-of-Fortune-2---New-Style.png

I'd say I have made around 20% progress, but I've never felt closer to actually finishing this project!

So yeah, stay tuned and let's make SoF2 great again!

Peace.

Last edited:
Real feedback - gonna be slightly harsh. This looks quite bad imo. I wouldn’t swap the default UI for this. This looks much more congested. But that’s just me

ok but what's gain because I don't understand i think 🤔 he is be like mod or something like!.
yes, a .pk3 file.

Real feedback - gonna be slightly harsh. This looks quite bad imo. I wouldn’t swap the default UI for this. This looks much more congested. But that’s just me
lel i mean i aint no UI designer, this prototype was ready made and it was the only one around but in general, yes it might not be that practical but yeah KEKL

yes, a .pk3 file.

lel i mean i aint no UI designer, this prototype was ready made and it was the only one around but in general, yes it might not be that practical but yeah KEKL
The more experience you get Splash the better it would look like im assuming

So where's the file? You used the prefix 'source'.

Also UI remakes are so 2006. Viper always made some great changes.

@ottacon bist du aus Ă–sterreich?

Hi,

So, I've recently decided to get out of my shell/comfort zone and finally get to finish this project (Nope, not because I'm dying to get invited back to 3d); basically this is a 2015 never-finished/no-progress-made project by Punisher.

The day I heard about it I was low-key fascinated, but Punisher never provided any further details rather than the basic project prototypes.

Long time ago, I tried to manually implement it but it was utterly hard.
But lately I've found a tool that will drastically help me, (So expect it to be finished in about 1-5 months, lol).

Loading screen:​

View attachment 2341

Main Menu:​

View attachment 2342

Settings:​

View attachment 2343

Serverlist:​

View attachment 2344

Controls:​

View attachment 2345

Resolution:​

View attachment 2346

Sound:​

View attachment 2350

This doesn't really highlight anything useful, but meh.
View attachment 2348
View attachment 2349
View attachment 2342

I'd say I have made around 20% progress, but I've never felt closer to actually finishing this project!

So yeah, stay tuned and let's make SoF2 great again!

Peace.
its good but there's better you can talk with anyone can do this to help you u know what i mean good job splasho

So where's the file? You used the prefix 'source'.
It was the only label with red background, wanted to grab some eyes, the purpose of the thread is to hype the players and ro see if anybody wanna give me a hand OMEGALUL

Also UI remakes are so 2006. Viper always made some great changes.
Hmm weird, dont think i ever came across actual UI remakes via .menu files; maybe it got deleted from the internet by the time i started playing at 2010-2012

Last edited:
maybe it got deleted from the internet by the time i started playing at 2010-2012
Man sof used to have that site, gamefront(? Or something similar) or smth, had absolutely every download you could imagine. If you heard of a map, that site had it. Thought of a mod? That site had it.

Hmm weird, dont think i ever came across actual UI remakes via .menu files; maybe it got deleted from the internet by the time i started playing at 2010-2012
That is cuz you are a late bloomer. Sof was starting to die at that time. Losing the player base slowly.

Sof was heavily modified by players back in the days. It is one of the reasons why this game lasted a long time. This goes especially for italy map (CTF).

best

good resources

Last edited:
Ye wasnt gamefront now that I saw it. Don’t remember the site tho

Man sof used to have that site, gamefront(? Or something similar) or smth, had absolutely every download you could imagine. If you heard of a map, that site had it. Thought of a mod? That site had it.
im thinking sof2files.com

Back