My sof2 history / story

Power

3D# General
Staff member
Disclaimer: I don't recall the specific correct timeline, give me a break.

So Stefan posted a back-ground story about 3D, I thought it would be nice to share my sof2 story and see other people there story.
But where should I start? I've got so many stories. But let's start at the begin.

2003-2005 ~ experiencing the game
It all started for me in 2003 when I a little kid and played sof2 at a friend's house, the Windows XP + CD's era.
I was so fascinated by the game but I didn't know shit about it.
I remember playing INF and KAM2 at my friends house.
The game was so populair that there were alot of servers and players.

2006 ~ Where it all begin
I wanted to have the game myself and play at home, so I purchased the game.
So I went to the store and bought sof2 on CD.
I headed back to home to play but I had to first wait 2 hours for the game to install. (the times when u had to insert CD 2 to continue the installation).
So I was all fired up ready to play and I went online but I couldn't join any server (the times with punkbuster).
After scratching my head thinking why it didn't work I figured it out. I purchased SOF2 GOLD. At that time I was so fed up and my friend lend me his CD's so I could install SOF2 silver.
I had some experience with multiplayer and started playing KAM2.
Around that time I met a kam2 clan, I forgot the name of that clan but I remember some players including Mclaren (yes Robert), Yoni and Stijn.
Stijn was Mclaren and mine leader, we eventuelly created a new clan called 7AT (7 All Together) it was a kam2 with 7 players.
Around that time me and Mclaren became friends along with the other 5 players obviously.
After Kam2 we moved to italy and that was the first time I enjoyed playing italy.

2007 ~ the Italy era
Around this time Italy was very populair and Stijn created a new clan called z4 where again me and Mclaren joined.
For me these were the fun times where we discovered the full potential of Sof2 and we knew a little what we were doing.
A new clan was born every day with 40+ players.

2008 ~ The first steps in becoming a leader
After a while I knew how to play Italy and got good at it.
I created a clan called Mt with a player called Creator. We had 50 players at peak time. but it didn't last long (around 6 months) untill it died.
Around that time clans were created everyday but also died very fast.
I do recall Ds server, coldfear (more on that later) and airforces. Those clans did last a long time.

2010 ~ Joining the A tier clans
I remember around this time there was a clan called ToGo, very toxic clan (in the early days sof2 was very toxic with argues everyday and for hours, specifically dutch people, the game was around that time like 60% dutch imo)
But as toxic as they were, they were very good and joining ToGo was very hard (only invite).
The leader marcel got a hold of time and what I could do, so i had a tryout.
A few people in that clan: Marcel, Jhona (Pain), Cross, crunk, zwyn and many more.
Lucky enough I got accepted and was a member of ToGo, people hated the clan (I bet Mclaren / Janno can vouch for that)
But hey I didn't care, I was happy that I could join an A tier clan.
So, ToGo lasted long.

2013 ~ Sof2 breaks
I had my fair share of Sof2 breaks over the time, but I think it was around this time that I didn't play for a long time.
I came back and I joined coldfear.
We had a leader called Merlino who was 45 at that time.
It was a fun clan which lasted long and really bonded with the members. (Erix / Xivor) for example I can recall.
We had many scrims and fun. unfortunately the coldfear forum got closed down.

2015 ~ The start of the revival of italy
After having alot of breaks of SOF2 I decided to play again.
Funny enough there weren't alot of italy servers it was all dead.
That's my first time having contact with 3D.
I started having conversations with Jhona (Pain) and Janno.
We decided to revive italy and enjoy the golden era. Janno gave us a server called Savages # Italy (yes the one italy server which is still alive)
Jhona knew alot of old sof2 players and he actually managed to get alot of old players back to the game.
At a peak time Savages had around 20/30 players which was really alot for a dead gametype / game.
Around that time I had some involment in 3D but mainly focused on savages. We could use the 3D forums and the servers (which we were gratefull for)
But we did make it clear that Savages and 3D are seperate entities.
Things were great, several italy clans were made aside of savages which was great for competition. Around that time we played with Chrome / Janno (jantsux) / Pain / Skull (Alex).
I tried to convince Mclaren to play italy again but he refused :mad:

2016 ~ The fall of the active mp_italy
After 1 year active playing we started losing players again and I also had other prioritities and wasn't active much. I was (heavy) involded with 3D and Savages for around 2 years and decided to take a break. Due to my heavy involvement 3D decided to put me on the 3D legends role.

Over the years I came and go and mostly been hooked up to 3D and H&S. I didn't have any desire to revive italy since I didn't knew the people to do so.
So my journey began to focus more on 3D and help 3D out. I think the 3D staff let me do and gave me the trust since I proved my maturity and leadership skills of Savages.

I've met so many fun/kind people over the years which I would like to thank you all for making the game enjoyable and keeping a old game alive. I've had my fair share argue's but it's fine. If I look back over the years i've enjoyed it so much.
I probably forgot alot of things and I have so many stories to share but I feel like this post would get too big.

Last edited:
ToGo, people hated the clan (I bet Mclaren / Janno can vouch for that)
Oh boy hahahah. Bialy/truck was the best part of Togo hhhh

also merlino was a fucking legend and a really nice guy, grandfather of italy

This is lowkey giving me nostalgic vibes, how old sof2 is and how iconic the community has been, is just outstanding.

What a great journey, more incredible stories are yet to come as the journey hasn't ended yet!

Last edited:
Y’ know you are old when egys call “skype old days” bruh at the prime time of sof msn was in. I remember i had 300 msn contacts just from sof guys lol
On newer messenger versions you had the possibility to add a personal message under your name, I actually bothered enough to color my ingame tag into that message smh

and msn plus annoying nudging hhhhhhh

On newer messenger versions you had the possibility to add a personal message under your name, I actually bothered enough to color my ingame tag into that message smh

and msn plus annoying nudging hhhhhhh
Buzzers hhhhhhh

Going offline / online to let other people get a notification.
The good old days, downloading 100 virusses with Bearshare, Kazaa limewire, imesh.

What else.... Winamp

Disclaimer: I don't recall the specific correct timeline, give me a break.

So Stefan posted a back-ground story about 3D, I thought it would be nice to share my sof2 story and see other people there story.
But where should I start? I've got so many stories. But let's start at the begin.

2003-2005 ~ experiencing the game
It all started for me in 2003 when I a little kid and played sof2 at a friend's house, the Windows XP + CD's era.
I was so fascinated by the game but I didn't know shit about it.
I remember playing INF and KAM2 at my friends house.
The game was so populair that there were alot of servers and players.

2006 ~ Where it all begin
I wanted to have the game myself and play at home, so I purchased the game.
So I went to the store and bought sof2 on CD.
I headed back to home to play but I had to first wait 2 hours for the game to install. (the times when u had to insert CD 2 to continue the installation).
So I was all fired up ready to play and I went online but I couldn't join any server (the times with punkbuster).
After scratching my head thinking why it didn't work I figured it out. I purchased SOF2 GOLD. At that time I was so fed up and my friend lend me his CD's so I could install SOF2 silver.
I had some experience with multiplayer and started playing KAM2.
Around that time I met a kam2 clan, I forgot the name of that clan but I remember some players including Mclaren (yes Robert), Yoni and Stijn.
Stijn was Mclaren and mine leader, we eventuelly created a new clan called 7AT (7 All Together) it was a kam2 with 7 players.
Around that time me and Mclaren became friends along with the other 5 players obviously.
After Kam2 we moved to italy and that was the first time I enjoyed playing italy.

2007 ~ the Italy era
Around this time Italy was very populair and Stijn created a new clan called z4 where again me and Mclaren joined.
For me these were the fun times where we discovered the full potential of Sof2 and we knew a little what we were doing.
A new clan was born every day with 40+ players.

2008 ~ The first steps in becoming a leader
After a while I knew how to play Italy and got good at it.
I created a clan called Mt with a player called Creator. We had 50 players at peak time. but it didn't last long (around 6 months) untill it died.
Around that time clans were created everyday but also died very fast.
I do recall Ds server, coldfear (more on that later) and airforces. Those clans did last a long time.

2010 ~ Joining the A tier clans
I remember around this time there was a clan called ToGo, very toxic clan (in the early days sof2 was very toxic with argues everyday and for hours, specifically dutch people, the game was around that time like 60% dutch imo)
But as toxic as they were, they were very good and joining ToGo was very hard (only invite).
The leader marcel got a hold of time and what I could do, so i had a tryout.
A few people in that clan: Marcel, Jhona (Pain), Cross, crunk, zwyn and many more.
Lucky enough I got accepted and was a member of ToGo, people hated the clan (I bet Mclaren / Janno can vouch for that)
But hey I didn't care, I was happy that I could join an A tier clan.
So, ToGo lasted long.

2013 ~ Sof2 breaks
I had my fair share of Sof2 breaks over the time, but I think it was around this time that I didn't play for a long time.
I came back and I joined coldfear.
We had a leader called Merlino who was 45 at that time.
It was a fun clan which lasted long and really bonded with the members. (Erix / Xivor) for example I can recall.
We had many scrims and fun. unfortunately the coldfear forum got closed down.

2015 ~ The start of the revival of italy
After having alot of breaks of SOF2 I decided to play again.
Funny enough there weren't alot of italy servers it was all dead.
That's my first time having contact with 3D.
I started having conversations with Jhona (Pain) and Janno.
We decided to revive italy and enjoy the golden era. Janno gave us a server called Savages # Italy (yes the one italy server which is still alive)
Jhona knew alot of old sof2 players and he actually managed to get alot of old players back to the game.
At a peak time Savages had around 20/30 players which was really alot for a dead gametype / game.
Around that time I had some involment in 3D but mainly focused on savages. We could use the 3D forums and the servers (which we were gratefull for)
But we did make it clear that Savages and 3D are seperate entities.
Things were great, several italy clans were made aside of savages which was great for competition. Around that time we played with Chrome / Janno (jantsux) / Pain / Skull (Alex).
I tried to convince Mclaren to play italy again but he refused :mad:

2016 ~ The fall of the active mp_italy
After 1 year active playing we started losing players again and I also had other prioritities and wasn't active much. I was (heavy) involded with 3D and Savages for around 2 years and decided to take a break. Due to my heavy involvement 3D decided to put me on the 3D legends role.

Over the years I came and go and mostly been hooked up to 3D and H&S. I didn't have any desire to revive italy since I didn't knew the people to do so.
So my journey began to focus more on 3D and help 3D out. I think the 3D staff let me do and gave me the trust since I proved my maturity and leadership skills of Savages.

I've met so many fun/kind people over the years which I would like to thank you all for making the game enjoyable and keeping a old game alive. I've had my fair share argue's but it's fine. If I look back over the years i've enjoyed it so much.
I probably forgot alot of things and I have so many stories to share but I feel like this post would get too big.
Ana toxic :Q

Back