[EVENT] Italy tournament 24 april 12:00 UTC+2

On which day are you available for the event? starting at 12:00 UTC/GMT +2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oke, I discussed with power some changes we can do

Since we have more players than we originally thought, 30 min each round won't work considering we have 15 matches to get through. At this moment, we are currently playing on 1 server only. The new idea is to reduce the time limit to either 10/15 min each round and do the group stages over 2 servers and then play the knockout rounds on 1 server.

Also with the new idea, it is a possibility to put 2 teams through the group stages instead of 1 which gives teams more of a chance even if they lose the opening game. Under the current idea, it's a high possibility if you lose the first game you are pretty much out.

Let me know if you agree with this idea of change or if you have a better one.

The new idea is to reduce the time limit to either 10/15 min each round
dont agree, you know perfectly well that 10-15 minutes is not enough unless it's a wreckage
2 servers and then play the knockout rounds on 1 server.
multiple servers is fine, we can do as many servers as you want.
Also with the new idea, it is a possibility to put 2 teams through the group stages instead of 1 which gives teams more of a chance even if they lose the opening game. Under the current idea, it's a high possibility if you lose the first game you are pretty much out.
just run double bracket group stage.
so e.g. you got team ahsan, team janno, team power, team erdem
first matchups is ahsan v janno, power v erdem
winners match is janno v power, losers match is ahsan v erdem
loser of ahsan v erdem goes out the tournament
winner of ahsan v erdem will play the loser of janno v power so ahsan plays power while i go to playoffs.

Or run it all in a round robin (giving points for e.g. every flag + every victory) but round robins shouldn't be single games.

double bracket sounds the most logical imo and the most fair. But the initial matchups need seeding (and tbh I'd shuffle the groups as well, at the moment group 3 is the top while rest are like ???). with double bracket it's up to decide whether it'll be 1 or 2 slots for the rest of the tournament. If one. If only one goes, then after ahsan plays power and loses, I have to play power for the slot to playoffs.
If 2 players go, then I go in playoffs after 2 wins and ahsan vs power will decide who will the 2nd be.

• Love
Reactions: Kid
if you run round robin then I'd remove all groups and make them all do a game (round robin would mean that everyone plays against everyone at least once if not twice)

after that you got a full scoreboard of wins, losses and flag differences

dont agree, you know perfectly well that 10-15 minutes is not enough unless it's a wreckage
If you introduce draws into the game such as draw = 1 or 2 points then it should be fine cuz otherwise draws would mean sudden death and who knows how long that will go on for
so e.g. you got team ahsan, team janno, team power, team erdem
first matchups is ahsan v janno, power v erdem
winners match is janno v power, losers match is ahsan v erdem
loser of ahsan v erdem goes out the tournament
that sounds good tho

If you introduce draws into the game such as draw = 1 or 2 points then it should be fine cuz otherwise draws would mean sudden death and who knows how long that will go on for
the less you play the more unfair the result will be tho, you can always cheese in a single flag (and if the teams are competitive you know that 10-15 minute you might be able to steal a lucky flag).
I would do 30minutes 3 flag runs and seed the groups properly (group 3 should be split into separate groups for sure).

What I would do for the seeding is the following: create a ranking poll where the players have to blindly rank all the teams on how good they should be (so if you vote erdem+chrome as the no1, that means that you think they are the best team in the tournament and should be winning).

Then the output of that poll would be the input for my seeding. Right way to seed a group is to separate the good teams from the "not so good" teams.

So lets say for example you got the following teams
mashtoly
power
erdem
ahsan
red1
thunder
kid
splash
debil
kakashi
donatelo
ziyad

then you (and everyone else) would rank them (at the moment in 10, 10 being worst, 1 being best)
so you'd be in a list like:
12. Ziyad
11. Donatelo wh 3Head
10. Kid
9. Debil
8. Mashtoly
7. Splash
6. Kakashi
5. Power
4. Thunder
3. Erdem
2. Red1
1. Ahsan

then the groups would be made like this
Group A: Ahsan, Mashtoly, Debil
Group B: Red1, Splash, Kid
Group C: Erdem, Kakashi, Donatelo
Group D: Thunder, Power, Ziyad

The goal of the seeding would be that the best teams meet as late as possible (be on the opposite side of the bracket). So if all goes the way as the seeding went in this example, the final should be ahsan vs red1.

the less you play the more unfair the result will be tho, you can always cheese in a single flag (and if the teams are competitive you know that 10-15 minute you might be able to steal a lucky flag).
I would do 30minutes 3 flag runs and seed the groups properly (group 3 should be split into separate groups for sure).

What I would do for the seeding is the following: create a ranking poll where the players have to blindly rank all the teams on how good they should be (so if you vote erdem+chrome as the no1, that means that you think they are the best team in the tournament and should be winning).

Then the output of that poll would be the input for my seeding. Right way to seed a group is to separate the good teams from the "not so good" teams.

So lets say for example you got the following teams
mashtoly
power
erdem
ahsan
red1
thunder
kid
splash
debil
kakashi
donatelo
ziyad

then you (and everyone else) would rank them (at the moment in 10, 10 being worst, 1 being best)
so you'd be in a list like:
12. Ziyad
11. Donatelo wh 3Head
10. Kid
9. Debil
8. Mashtoly
7. Splash
6. Kakashi
5. Power
4. Thunder
3. Erdem
2. Red1
1. Ahsan

then the groups would be made like this
Group A: Ahsan, Mashtoly, Debil
Group B: Red1, Splash, Kid
Group C: Erdem, Kakashi, Donatelo
Group D: Thunder, Power, Ziyad

The goal of the seeding would be that the best teams meet as late as possible (be on the opposite side of the bracket). So if all goes the way as the seeding went in this example, the final should be ahsan vs red1.
I think with the timelimit, if 15 is too short and 30 is too long, meet in the middle? I legit still think 30 min is gonna be long and i also reckon that will create more camping knowing they got enough time.

The seeding is a very good idea and how it should be done (its done like that in major football tournaments too)

It came to my attention at Power HQ that there were some suggestions on the tournament.
So I started calculating and ran simulation tests to balance the tournament.

Some rules are edited:
- Scorelimit and timelimit
- 2 teams advance to the quarter finals instead of 1 team.

Back