Car Question - Is this car worth the money to retrieve?

Kid

Professional gaslighter
Hey guys,

So.......... bought a car in 2019 in april, 3 weeks into having it there was a lawful incident in which the car got detained ever since, ive recently got a call/email/text from the police saying i can now retrieve it, AFTER 4 FUCKING YEARS!!!! anyways its condition was basically brand new from the toyota dealer, no issues at all with it, its a 2017 toyota camry RZ edition, a nice car tbh, had minor front damage from hitting a useless fucking kangaroo on the right side which knocked out the bottom daylight running LED light which is also the indicator but the force knocked the other sides one out also, ill add pic for reference, so it was detained by police with no fuel, so im guessing i wouldnt need to pump the gas tank luckily, battery would need to be changed ofcourse as well the front bumper fixed for a roadworthy certificate to drive it as well as registration, BUT, after 4 years of it literally sitting in the police depot, is it worth it like would it have any other issues im unaware of or what? bought the car for $20,500 so i dont want that going down the drain...

yn1Rclb1e3.1_12.jpg

any input is valid

thanks.

Afaik, you have to use ur car atleast once in a while so it doesnt "collect dust" (can mean many things) I'm not sure if u have money or not but im 99% sure it'll have problems (not counting the things u mentioned)

oh, shouldve also stated that the car is in another city 4 hours away so its a big distance to cover for it too...

also they've given me til 20th september to collect before selling it, fucking dog cops.

Hey guys,

So.......... bought a car in 2019 in april, 3 weeks into having it there was a lawful incident in which the car got detained ever since, ive recently got a call/email/text from the police saying i can now retrieve it, AFTER 4 FUCKING YEARS!!!! anyways its condition was basically brand new from the toyota dealer, no issues at all with it, its a 2017 toyota camry RZ edition, a nice car tbh, had minor front damage from hitting a useless fucking kangaroo on the right side which knocked out the bottom daylight running LED light which is also the indicator but the force knocked the other sides one out also, ill add pic for reference, so it was detained by police with no fuel, so im guessing i wouldnt need to pump the gas tank luckily, battery would need to be changed ofcourse as well the front bumper fixed for a roadworthy certificate to drive it as well as registration, BUT, after 4 years of it literally sitting in the police depot, is it worth it like would it have any other issues im unaware of or what? bought the car for $20,500 so i dont want that going down the drain...

View attachment 5044

any input is valid

thanks.
images.jpg
Dashcam video shows kangaroo narrowly escape speeding 4x4 in Australian  outback | The Independent | The Independent

is it worth it like would it have any other issues im unaware of or what?
Im not a car expert, but financially it would be worth it, I think it's safe to say you would atleast make $10K?
Also just checked and they go around $22k - $25K

Now for the amount of time and trouble to be worth it, that depends on you.
You could also let it get towed to you?
Or sell it to a cardealer in that area in that condition?

Even if you get lowballed to 2K for that condition (Which is very low) you still earned $2K in 8 hours.
Who can say they earn $2K in 8 hours? I sure can't.

Im not a car expert, but financially it would be worth it, I think it's safe to say you would atleast make $10K?

Even if you get lowballed to 2K for that condition (Which is very low) you still earned $2K in 8 hours.
start playing roulette then kekw

yes thats right, it had 50,000km on it, which is fucking low

definitely sell, it will still have almost the value you bought it for, dealers will definitely negotiate a good price from my experience
only 1 thing, was it outside or inside all the time?

pretty sure outside behind police station in the lot, dont think its a grass area, just like rocks on the ground from satellite image I’ve found, this is it the red one next to the orange one up top.
IMG_7664.jpg

Last edited:
Issue is that as Barney said, a sitting car is a dying car. Usually the engine is fine and you have little to no worries there. But for sure it has now slightly fucked up paint, there’s a risk of rust (probably none present yet cuz it’s quite a new car, but it’ll happen sooner than it should now).
Leaving that aside I would also do a cost-benefit analysis, I assume you cannot pick it up free of charge. Is your intention to just sell it? What if you don’t pick it up? Etc shit like that

To retrieve the car it’s free like I won’t have to pay fees for it sitting there I wouldn’t think, and intention would to fix it up and keep it to be honest and if I do t pick it up it gets out to auction and sold, police (government) get the money lel

To retrieve the car it’s free like I won’t have to pay fees for it sitting there I wouldn’t think, and intention would to fix it up and keep it to be honest and if I do t pick it up it gets out to auction and sold, police (government) get the money lel
Just sell

Update:

got the car released and towed to a mechanic because it was dead as fuck, was luckily on cement 4 years ine apot, left side tyre flat, front abit damaged but otherwise looked good inside and out lol

IMG_7689.jpegIMG_7696.jpeg

Back