Ideas to improve 1fxmod

Janno

why let your life be controlled by fairytales
Hello

round 2 here we go.
Drop any suggestions to the mod below. We can improve existing gametypes, add new gametypes etc.

things we’ve done so far:
Blockseek
VIP gametype
Enhancements to the nosection entities (which our noob map editors are not using)
Shitloads of flexibility to existing functionalities (dynamic drown mechanics, rpg boost height, Firenade slowdowns etc)
Team balancing, afkspec and ft changes
New cagefight with benefits
Time-based bans
Stungun, telegun
OTP login (forumlogin)

a lot of dev abuse commands
And a lot of background stuff which has actually been most likely 60% of the work done

so shoot your ideas. If it is a new gametype, then please describe it as good as possible.
If you suggest prophunt - will most likely be backlogged for quite a while as while a lot of the logic works, there are some weird quirks in the mechanics and some crashes which we haven’t found out. + at the moment the solution makes the player movement a bit choppy which ain’t great.

Add rpmpro client support in the mod. Wud be nice.
You got the source, the only support rpmpro needs is scoreboard iirc which is broken. Gimme code I’ll add it, cba to brute force my way through

Or actually, you got access to the repo yourself, push to it

lmao i used to have a 1 megabyte "sof2 suggestions" text file, doubt i still have it.

anyway a good one that popped up is "CSGO-like surf", i tried to do it with floating tilted fence01s but i cba finish it hh (kinda lame tbh isnt it)

csgo-like surf is a very niche game type. Even in CS, surfers are more of a niche thing, same for bhop servers etc. Would probably fit for a reach the sun and is not a mod-related change, more of a map change

Changes which were done recently:
Profanity filter - Kid will not join the server as his friend allan with an H cannot be written. Text will be replaced with *****, /rcon addprofanity to add a new word, /rcon removeprofanity to remove it. !pfl / profanitylist to display current filtered profanities.
Gungame - similar to CS / roxmod gungame. in DM, guns are as follows:
RPG
MM1
M60 Machinegun
MSG90A1 Sniper
AK74
M4
USAS-12 (autoshotgun)
M3A1
Micro UZI
M590
US Socom Pistol
M1911A1 Pistol
Knife

Players start out with RPG's. Every 2 kills they move on to the next gun. Every death removes a point (so e.g. you get 2 kills, 2 with RPG and get MM1, you die = you get RPG back. You kill 2 with RPG and 1 with MM1 and die - you get MM1 again but need 2 kills to get next gun).

Knife is golden knife - when you get knife, you must slice your opponent. If you achieve that, you've won the game.

Feedback and more suggestions welcome as always.

Hello

round 2 here we go.
Drop any suggestions to the mod below. We can improve existing gametypes, add new gametypes etc.

Blockseek
VIP gametype
Enhancements to the nosection entities (which our noob map editors are not using)
Shitloads of flexibility to existing functionalities (dynamic drown mechanics, rpg boost height, Firenade slowdowns etc)
Time-based bans
Stungun, telegun
OTP login (forumlogin)

And a lot of background stuff which has actually been most likely 60% of the work done

so shoot your ideas. If it is a new gametype, then please describe it as good as possible.
If you suggest prophunt - will most likely be backlogged for quite a while as while a lot of the logic works, there are some weird quirks in the mechanics and some crashes which we haven’t found out. + at the moment the solution makes the player movement a bit choppy which ain’t great.
janno nmbr 1 gg jannoo

Profanity filter - Kid will not join the server as his friend allan with an H cannot be written. Text will be replaced with *****, /rcon addprofanity to add a new word, /rcon removeprofanity to remove it. !pfl / profanitylist to display current filtered profanities.
lmfaoooo, not going to lie, this has to be the best feature... like wow, KID NEVER REMOVED OR INSULT AGAIN LESGO

Hello

round 2 here we go.

Blockseek
VIP gametype
Time-based bans
Stungun, telegun
OTP login (forumlogin)

jannoo you have people who make a lot of maps. If they worked on themselves a little. they would develop Sof2 and work miracles on the server. You can install maps on some of them at the same time. but they still look nice and at the same time change. People feel new and at the same time sof2 players feel an update in the game and they love the game

all seriousness this gametype is awsome .
i love it.

i would extend the duration of this gametyp... next weapon = every 3 kills .
cause when we played this gametype yesterday, it ended so quickly... unless i just enjoyed myself so time flied idk..
i mean if no1 can reach and win last weapon so tl 10 end map , then player with most kills-deaths = winner

also... is it possible for last round you get the stun gun ? so you can freeze some1 and then go for the kill.
or it interfere with the regular gun ?

also... is it possible for last round you get the stun gun ? so you can freeze some1 and then go for the kill.
Sounds fun but then again the knife is what makes it hard, I had to hug multiple corners to finally get it hhhh

i would extend the duration of this gametyp... next weapon = every 3 kills .
That is doable for sure. It was fun and I found it a bit quick as well

the other question is.. and this is purely for curiosity, will the profanity word show in logs lel

Back