Splash's SoF2 Story

Splash

- 2010 | Baby steps:
Splash is 6 years old,

It's the rise of internet and computers in Egypt following the massive political mess at the time,
Splash's father decides to buy a computer, along with an internet access.

Splash spends the whole week skipping school days just to test this new device called a computer, that time frame was enough for him to learn and love the new computer.

He continues to discover more about the computer for the rest of the year.

- 2011 | The introduction:
Despite having a "decent" computer with a shared internet access, Splash decides to follow the norm and go to "netcafes" with his elder brother and friends.

The netcafe experience was eye opening for him, as he enters the cafe, "Wow, so many people are playing the same game" Splash said, he then asked his elder brother "Hey, what is this game called?", "Soldier of Fortune 2" His brother answered.

As he walks closer to the monitors, he sees a character running with a shotgun, shooting bullets, and throwing grenades, and people shouting "Get the flag, capture the flag!" in an emotional way, they seem to be enjoying!

For the next few minutes, Splash sat next to his brother as he teaches him how the game works, Splash proceeds to learn while being amazed, 30 minutes in, Splash thinks he is good to go.

1 hour is all what Splash has before the computer he rented gets auto-frozen, he launches SoF2 as fast as he can, joins the local server, selects team, chooses weapons, and dives into the ocean of SoF2.

His first experience might not be the best regarding the large amount of players, yet he undoubtedly enjoyed the game!

- 2012 | The beginning:
Splash knew he had to download the game on his home computer.

One day, he searches for SoF2 download links online and what he was afraid of has happened, it's way over 1 gigabyte of size, it's impossible for him to download it with the oddly slow internet speeds he has.

He hasn't lost hope just yet, in a split second he remembers that his uncle is a friend of the netcafe owner, he hurries up with his USB stick to make a copy of SoF2.

The plan has worked!
He has successfully managed to install SoF2 on his home computer, no more netcafes it is for him.

He opens the game with a smile on his face, he is asked for a name, he looks around his room hoping to stumble across any cool name, he eventually chooses "GolDStaR" after his television brand.

Many servers, he cluelessly chooses a server with bright colors, "T2K" server it was.

After playing for hours and getting a snippet of how the multiplayer SoF2 community looks like, he goes to sleep, then repeats the same process for the next few days.

Digging deep into the community has been the situation for Splash eversince.

- 2013 | The rise of Splash:
After almost a year of "GolDStaR", "Splash" was brought to life.

Splash made a daring step by making an admin application in "T2K".

While waiting for the result of his application he kept hopping on different servers including "SoA", "S4A, "1fx", and "SC" but mainly inf/ctf servers.

Until he stopped by 3D# Hide&Seek one day, he started playing in 3D for so long that he forgot about his "T2K" application which eventually got denied.

Splash found himself leaning towards 3D more than all the previous server he has played in, it was where he found a great welcoming community and it has been special ever since.

- 2014 | Splash & 3D:
After a whole year Splash decides to apply in 3D, he is nervous, he wants to become an official member of the 3D family so bad after making many friends and learning tons of things about many topics.

As unexpected, he got accepted with almost no "no" votes!

It is a great moment for Splash, small achievement yet very important for him.

New challenge, new responsibilites.

He then suceeded to prove himself as a good admin, and a part of the incredible family.

- 2015 | Ups and Downs:
After making a lot of friends and gaining some fame and priviliges.

Splash became cocky, he started abusing for childish reasons, and he made many problems with staff.

He has been warned a lot, but he kept being an asshole.

He stayed with no admin for a few months, at that period he learned how to edit maps.

He got his admin back again, but this time he became very productive by making maps for 3D.

- 2016 to 2021 | The cold phase:
During this period Splash's journey has been pretty fucked up,
he got kicked 5~ times, he stopped playing SoF2 for a few years in between, and his passion towards SoF2 began to decrease.

But that doesn't make him forget that SoF2 will forever remain a huge part of his character which led to the Splash we know now.

- 2010 | Baby steps:
Splash is 6 years old,
feels sad that by the time you were born I had been playing sof for almost 2 years...

Have had fun with you across the years, splashudick.

Splash became cocky, he started abusing for childish reasons, and he made many problems with staff.

He has been warned a lot, but he kept being an asshole.
oh boy you're head on there hhhhhh

Splash i love you man.
you are a good person as for me. if anyone asked me about who was the best egyptian admin in 3D in the previous 3 years. OFC my answer will be Splash despite abusing in the last year.
i read every single word of this thread. your story is awesome it is awesome that you started that game in this young age.

I find netcafes very peculiar, I wish I could visit one, see how things run there.
A sequal is coming in a couple years: "Splash - The beggining of the end". :sneaky:

Back