Increasing brightness in SOF

Yusuf

3D# Captain
Hey everyone,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my computer screen brightness on Sof. I'm finding it hard to see what's on my screen because the brightness seems to be low. Can anyone help me with increasing the brightness?

I'm using a Windows computer and I've tried adjusting the brightness settings in the Control Panel and in the settings in SOF/RPM, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Is there another way to adjust the brightness? Maybe a command or something like that.

/r_fullbright b is cheat protected and hash commands not work on guard or fairplay.

Cheers

Very odd, i hope you're using rpm 2.0 lol.

Because the settings here should work which adjusts brightness/gamma from very low-very high.

fixermand.png

Im using 2.0 brother but the thing is that my laptop is plugged to a docking station what connects to 2 monitors.
Thats the reason i cannot increase brightness from any setting (settings in control panel from windows and settings from Sof)

Maybe someone else knows what to do?

Reactions: Kid
Im using 2.0 brother but the thing is that my laptop is plugged to a docking station what connects to 2 monitors.
Thats the reason i cannot increase brightness from any setting (settings in control panel from windows and settings from Sof)

Maybe someone else knows what to do?
Oh ok lmao thats a spanner in the works, odd that it doesnt do it aye man, yeah im stumped haha.

adjust your resolution to fit ur screen firstly,
/r_customheight <y>
/r_customwidth <x>
/r_fullscreen 1
if you are using laptop : /r_mode -1
and after all this use /r_gamma 2 to 3

adjust your resolution to fit ur screen firstly,
/r_customheight <y>
/r_customwidth <x>
/r_fullscreen 1
if you are using laptop : /r_mode -1
and after all this use /r_gamma 2 to 3
Can you explain what the /r_mode command does.
Sometimes i play on laptop and sometimes on monitor.

On laptop i have no brightness issue only on monitor.

Basicly:

r_mode -1 is used for custom resolutions
→ Works with r_customheight & r_customwidth
r_mode 3 is 640x480
r_mode 9 is 1600x1200

Between 3 and 9 are sof2 set resolution or "custom" resolution (for exemple r_mode 1 is smaller than 640x480 which is smallest default resolution)

Basicly:

r_mode -1 is used for custom resolutions
→ Works with r_customheight & r_customwidth
r_mode 3 is 640x480
r_mode 9 is 1600x1200

Between 3 and 9 are sof2 set resolution or "custom" resolution (for exemple r_mode 1 is smaller than 640x480 which is smallest default resolution)
What is the best preference setting for smooth gameplay?

i play on 1920x1080 but it feels like my screen is a bit stretched out, so my aim is all over the place.

What is the best preference setting for smooth gameplay?

i play on 1920x1080 but it feels like my screen is a bit stretched out, so my aim is all over the place.
Personally i play on custom resolution (1920x1080) so imma say your is the best one, if u have troubles with it, try to reduce your resolution using r_customh & r_customw

Personally i play on custom resolution (1920x1080) so imma say your is the best one, if u have troubles with it, try to reduce your resolution using r_customh & r_customw

Ofc by that, i mean that i use my native windows resolution which is 1920x1080

1683535382433.png

Hey everyone,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my computer screen brightness on Sof. I'm finding it hard to see what's on my screen because the brightness seems to be low. Can anyone help me with increasing the brightness?

I'm using a Windows computer and I've tried adjusting the brightness settings in the Control Panel and in the settings in SOF/RPM, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Is there another way to adjust the brightness? Maybe a command or something like that.

/r_fullbright b is cheat protected and hash commands not work on guard or fairplay.

Cheers
Use this as a bind, here: ( change the key if u want)

bind h "vstr fullbright"

seta fullbright2 "hash r_fullbright 0; echo ^$[^3OFF^$]; set fullbright vstr fullbright1"

seta fullbright1 "hash r_fullbright 66; echo ^$[^3ON^$]; set fullbright vstr fullbright2"

Back