3D History

Cortez

3D# Legend
Disclaimer: Janno asked me to write this. Blame him for any mistakes in the following story.

The start of 3D
3D was founded in 2012. It all started with interest in editing maps. I (Cortez), was new to the Hide&Seek game type after playing CTF for years and INF for 2 weeks (then I joined 1fx., EZ). When playing on H&S servers I had some ideas to edit. But I weren’t able to, didn’t have the knowlegde. I hired a 2k3server with 10 slots and suddenly Outlaw came by. He was the first Egypt who was able to English. He taught me the basics of how the edit and I kept practicing. Just because it was fun and I was able to be a little bit creative within this game. The server was called Creative.

After a few weeks the server was full with players, more and more. So I decided to rent a 24-slots server. Ace, a friend of me from the game, told me to make a more public server of it with a team, admins, website etc. I already did that a few times on CTF and wasn’t really interested in running a clan. But he convinced me and together we started 3D. The name has no deep meaning, nonetheless it’s a nice name which people can easily remember. Marketing strategy’s over 9000 back in those days.

Very quick at the start, Hobbelpaard joined us and he was just so addicted to the game. He put his heart in 3D and took care of the editing part after I didn’t want to do it anymore. I kinda went inactive and he grew 3D to a popular server among the Egypt players. That’s how we got popular in the beginning. After a while some other people joined, I don’t want to call many names because I will forget many important people. And since I’m writing this 9 years after starting the server, it probably won’t be 100% correct. But what I do remember, is that Janno kept whining like a newbie egy because he wanted admin so bad. So after a few days I gave him admin. Then he stood up and took the server to a next level. Professional website, custom automatization systems for the front-end and back-end of the server and website and a lot more inventions. He’s basically like Leonardo da Vinci. But then he’s fat.

After a while I was back on the game and Hobbelpaard did a great job in the meantime. When I came back Janno made me so fucking mad that I ragequited the game. 3D basically died and Hobbelpaard took over the leadership. After he got bored he gave the server and everything to Kader. He ran the server together with Britt. They tried their best but the server died for a while. Then suddenly Magikzz started a server with the name 3D. He ruined it and still is a dickhead. If I remember correctly Roos tried to restart 3D but she was too nice to everybody so it only resulted in head ache and a chaos in the server. 3D died again.

Janno finally said sorry to me so I was happy again and I came back to SOF to restart 3D. They needed a Hitler. And there I was. Banning and kicking people out of the admin team and server. Loved that time. After a while things were stable again. I had some great help of Alex and Robert. Later also Britt was a great asset to the Staff team. At some point Boeman from 1fx came by and developed the 1fx mod after 2k3servers died. He gave us exclusive versions of the mod and was able to create exclusive assets for our server. A really nice step in the history of 3D. I guess we’re stable for almost 5 years now.

A small list of people who were important to the history of 3D and were there at the beginning or helping the team for a very long time (forgive me if I forget some names): Outlaw, Ace, Hobbelpaard, Janno, Britt, Joe, Emperor, Koray, Omar, Roos, Viperzz, Desje, Tyler, Punisher, Shoke, Shovel and of course the current leaders McLaren and Skull.

Anyhow..

It’s funny to write this and look back. So much history, so much happened, too many things to talk about. I literally could write a book about SOF2 and 3D. Even though I don’t play the game anymore, nor visiting the forums, it’s great to see that some old friends are still here around and taking care of 3D. I hope you all stay safe and I wish you the best.

Thanks,
Stefan

Hhhh slightly mixed up on some parts but that’s expected after all this time. I joined when hobbel was history, anouk you were leaders, Roos and shovel coleaders, clan was partially in disarray, I did ask for admin cuz I didn’t expect to apply, eventually I did and got accepted. Within a month I already got the team steamrolling ahead (joined December end, by January end we already had this domain, new forums, our own hosted server etc). I got 2 enemies for every friend I made cuz egys didn’t like me getting ranked high so fast.

Who wants a trip down memory lane - https://3d-hns.proboards.com/

Hhhh slightly mixed up on some parts but that’s expected after all this time. I joined when hobbel was history, anouk you were leaders, Roos and shovel coleaders, clan was partially in disarray, I did ask for admin cuz I didn’t expect to apply, eventually I did and got accepted. Within a month I already got the team steamrolling ahead (joined December end, by January end we already had this domain, new forums, our own hosted server etc). I got 2 enemies for every friend I made cuz egys didn’t like me getting ranked high so fast.

Who wants a trip down memory lane - https://3d-hns.proboards.com/
Fuck didnt see my name so i joined in 2015 i think 😂😅

Back