[Suggestion] fake/real hiders gametype

Power

3D# General
Staff member
So Islam was abusing (yet again) with dev tools.
He teleported me as a monkey to the map were the people were alive.
And he also stripped me which gave a knife.

The seekers couldn't tell if I was a real hider or a fake one.
That gave me an idea to create a new gametype.

Make some hiders deadmonkey with a knife so they can't die and make some hiders real hiders.
The idea behind it is that seekers needs to kill the real hiders while the fake ones are making it harder for the seeker.
It's funny since the seekers need to find the real hiders and distinguish it from the fakes.

Also we already have all the config (i think) so I assume it shouldn't be that hard to implement.
We somehow would need to hide/modify the scoreboard so they cannot see which players are dead (fake) or alive (real hiders)

Any thoughts on this?

Note to islam: This is my idea, not yours.

Several ideas:
  • Fake hiders are randomly chosen, 1 in 4 hiders is fake, hiders will be notified of their state(fake or real) at the beginning of each round.
  • Must be played in small to medium maps.
  • No weapons are given, maybe a few grenades (not including fire nades) for hiders.
  • Fake hiders' mission is to try to make as many real hiders survive as possible by distracting seekers.
  • Slicing fake hiders with a knife by a seeker would result in slowing them down for the rest of the round rather than killing them(which makes them totally useless like deadmonkeys) , or teleporting them to somewhere far.
  • Hiders automatically get their skin/character changed every X amount of seconds, so seekers won't be able to memorize the real ones and distinguish the fake ones.
  • Night vision goggles are given to 1 lucky seeker, they reveal and/or mark fake hiders for <5 seconds. <- Kind of overpowered.
  • Fake hiders get killed in the last 30 seconds in the map, which helps seekers a little. <- Sort of overpowered.
  • Fake hiders get double the points the real ones get, or to make it fair they get 1 point per 5 survived real hiders.

Slicing fake hiders with a knife by a seeker would result in slowing them down for the rest of the round rather than killing them(which makes them totally useless like deadmonkeys) , or teleporting them to somewhere far.
That means you slice a couple and you will only have real ones left
Hiders automatically get their skin/character changed every X amount of seconds, so seekers won't be able to memorize the real ones and distinguish the fake ones.
resource wise not a good idea
Night vision goggles are given to 1 lucky seeker, they reveal and/or mark fake hiders for <5 seconds. <- Kind of overpowered.
Impossible

@Janno If we look at the base, do you think that it would be possible to implement this?
If yes, how can I help and who can do this? :)

@Janno If we look at the base, do you think that it would be possible to implement this?
If yes, how can I help and who can do this? :)
yes it's possible, here's a short "plan"
1. no nades, only knives
2. i dont think seeing who is alive who is dead is that important cuz seek can't see names anyhow, only by using #E but we can add that #e token doesn't work on that gt
3. speed diff on that gametype

i dont think more is needed.
shouldn't be hard but I'm not using my pc often

also one idea would be to have like thermals, but not that it shows who is real and who is not but it bounces back non-real hiders.

fake hiders can easily abuse their powers

Case 1:
shot0000.jpg

Case 2:

shot0001.jpg

to fix that if a seeker damage a fake hider, the fake hider get pushed back or sent back to spawn
and if a real hider damage a fake hider the faker hider get pushed back

or we make it so you can clip through them. Although I think that clipping through also means that they can clip through walls which would not be great...

Will need some tinkering ofc

Back