New cagefight logic

Janno

why let your life be controlled by fairytales
So far every time a player has to /kill or /refresh for others to get into a cagefight. Today I changed the logic a bit.

1. Everyone will get into the cage from now on (so every player who is in team red when cage starts will get into cage, doesn't matter if you have 5 points or 0).
2. For every point above the lowest score in red team, you get benefits.

So lets say we have red team like this:
PlayerScore
Janno4
Kid1
islam2
This means that the lowest score right now is on Kid with 1 point.
For every point above the lowest score, the player gets +25 HP points and +10% damage.
PlayerScoreEffective scoreExtra damageExtra HP
Janno43+30% +75
Kid100% 0
Islam21+10%+25

So win rounds => earn benefits for cage, but everyone can fight in the cage.

So with this, say there's a person who has 3 points, and 2 players with 1 point and the rest with 0 points, the guy with 3 points dies, and a person with 0 points wins, the guy with 3 points still wins overall and gets the scorecard.

Also I've found out that if you win a cage match you get 1 point as if you've won in a round, so idk if you've made it like this but its like it now, say there's a person with 2 points and a person with 1 point and the guy with 2 points dies and the person with 1 point wins, his 1 point turns into 2 points now and he will surpass the 2 point player and win the scorecard.

Also I've found out that if you win a cage match you get 1 point as if you've won in a round
ok so I didn't change the core logic behind it. Cagefight was supposed to be a tiebreaker to find out the match winner. Who wins cage gets +1 point because then they'd be the top of the leaderboard and should've won the game.

Question here would be that is that truly needed tho? If I just joined from blue to red to just play the cagefight against a score-3 player and he dies, I shouldn't still win the game because he had the highest score. So I think I'd like to keep it like that

Wait im confused with that second part lol, so this is how it is on server right now, say if you joined red to play cage match from seeker once timelimit has hit, and you are VS 3 hiders, 2 hiders have 2 points, the other hider has 1 point and you have 0 points, say you kill all 3 which will give you 130 score, your ratio after cage win will say 1/0 but it wont say *player* has won, it will say the 3 point player has won. So all in all, they've joined the cage match just to lose lol.

as I said, cagefight was supposed to be a tiebreaker. Has he truly won the 10 minute game or did he get lucky and won the 1 minute minigame. I can make the change but will it be worth it?

Player A wins the H&S game with 1 points while other players got 0 points. Cage fight starts, Player B wins and gets 1 point because he survives cage fight. Player B wins overall because he has 1 point and won the cage fight.

This is current logic, he only won the minigame but not the H&S game so he shouldn't have won right?

I don't know if everyone liked the idea, but you are changing something fundamental in the game. We're used to people who win by one point playing the cage. We are used to it. I agree with you that it is a good idea, but it will make the professional player in this game like the beginner player.

I don't know if everyone liked the idea, but you are changing something fundamental in the game. We're used to people who win by one point playing the cage. We are used to it. I agree with you that it is a good idea, but it will make the professional player in this game like the beginner player.
Yeah well that's what the benefit of the fighter is for. I can increase the benefits so the higher score player gets more of an advantage if others would think that is needed

I honestly think this new idea is better as it provides (somewhat fair) chances to everybody.

Only then, the winner gets determined by cagefighting and hiding (from seekers) skills.

Back