My sof2 (hi)story

paanjito

3D# Captain
Since we're sharing our stories, here's mine

It started back in 2009 i guess, not sure.
My father had bought me and my 2 brothers (JayZen and Desje) a pc.
My dad installed sof on our pc's and the 4 of us used to play custom LAN free for all games on maps like Uk_Castle which was very fun

So then me and my brothers started playing CTF in Young Boys Old Boys server, which was very popular at the time
I was 12 or something back then and I tried to get admin there since I was very active, but I never got it, Desje managed to get B-Admin tho.

After a while I got bored of the server and I discovered H&S. I remember the first time ever i think it was in RPM server the map was HK1 boat map and i tried so hard going to the fireworks that came off the dropped M4 and RPG and trying to pick it up on the bottom of the water next to the boat. I was confused as fuck as i coulndt pick it up (i was a seeker) so i kept dying and actually thought that h&s was a stupid mode.
Around the same time as me jayzen and desje also played on RPM and after a while i got the hang of the mechanics and asked ppl to explain etc.
I really liked H&S and i was so addicted playing hours everyday.
Back in that time seekers used to have only 1 F1 nade, 3 box nades and 1 personal nade, no boost nades (which i still vouch for)
The seekers were mostly very skilled as were the hiders and it actually took way more skill/luck to win rounds. Basically it was way more challenging to win a round/map and winning felt more rewarding imo. I remember at some point seeker highscores on a map were 100+ kills. The community was very active and server was very busy and at some point max 32 players and i couldn't join until someone left the server.
I met many people there, mostly dutch people, back then there were more players from other countries like estonia and poland and holland instead of egys

Eventually there were a couple of other servers, like Xtreme and some i dont remember the names. In Xtreme i met many people, tried to get admin there and didnt get it.

Im not sure how it went exactly but Xtreme died and aT came along or was already there, but Steven created it and i played for a pretty long time there, i also tried to get admin but guess what, denied lol.

And then came 3D. I was looking at the server list that day and saw the 3D server, having never seen it before i joined and the map was col7. Hobbel and Ace were there and they were talking about random server stuff. I think it was day 1 of 3D but i dont remember seeing the other founder(s) that day tho.
So what did i ask Hobbel?
Admen pls lol
And he gave me S-Admin, probably cuz it was a new server and they needed active members
And from that moment on I would only play at 3D, i got to know almost everyone that has been in 3D and i've seen many people and admins come and go.
I was much active and took many breaks from then till now, i learned editing mostly from Hans van Willekom and eventually 3D died, i came back later and it got a new life and ive been enjoying my time here and i hope 3D stays alive :p

Here's mine:

Around 9 years ago, back in 2012, my (back then) boyfriend was playing sof2 demo next to me. I asked him whats that, lemme try it. So i downloaded demo and started playin. I found out it was boring af hehe, so my boyfriend suggested me to play H&S, and so i downloaded it and came to 3D. Hobbel was there too, he asked me if i was gurl, i said yes, he gave me admin instantly hhh

Shortly after that hobbel told me he was going to give up leading and asked me to take over. So here I was, without any experience between people who played the game for years, i suddenly was ldr in 3D. God did i hate creating mapcycles at 2k3. I remember Alestat got into co leading and he created this old forum which i dont remember the name from, but I've seen it not long ago so it still excists.
Leading was not fun, especially with the minimal experience I had and no one was willing to take over, so I quit sof (this is probably the period where 3D died that pan is mentioning) and came back after half a year, started to play in AT, became co leader there, had lots of fun and hours put into the game, but I kinda missed the dutch peeps, who were always in 3D.

Monty wouldnt allow his admins to play into other H&S servers, so i barely was there, but when I was it was a lot of fun with Roos, anouk, diablo and joost ofc xD After a while i was no longer welcome in AT, so i fully hopped into the 3D server and eventually got admin there again. I was active a lot and was able to help out with other stuff, so I got promoted to s admin.

From there on my journey continued in 1fx as well, i found out shooters could actually be fun, got admin there and eventually also s-admin. Spend a lot of time trolling in game with my boy shokey who i still consider a good friend of mine. I've met a lot of great people on here. We even had a meeting with 3D staff at mclarens place, together with shovel, cortez and alex we played with the VR and had lots of drinks and i puked in MCL his backyard. Nevertheless it was fun xD

I love this community and cuz of that I love the game, I'll always stick around in 3D ^^

What a great run! 👏

We even had a meeting with 3D staff at mclarens place, together with shovel, cortez and alex we played with the VR and had lots of drinks and i puked in MCL his backyard. Nevertheless it was fun xD
What, this is the first time I know about this!
Must've been great! POGGERS

Started playing this game back in 2006. Played a lot of CTF on mp_kam2 RD. I think I've been part of most clans over there, definitely a clanhopper. I didn't had the patience to grow in ranks and I was interested in maintaining servers. So started my own server on CTF back in the days. Which failed time after time. Then mp_kam2 died pretty much so I moved to mp_italy where I also started my own clans. Most of them failed as well.

Then I played inf for 2 weeks and got into 1fx. Then I went to H&S because italy died and I suck at shooters like INF which makes me mad. And like I said in the other topic I pretty much started a server because I wanted to learn how to edit. 9 years further we're still here with lots of memories and great people. The past few years I haven't played a lot, but even the groupchat on Whatsapp with the Staff was a lot of fun. From there we were able to manage a lot of things quickly. And ofcourse there's always time for a joke or a roast, really miss those times haha.

Talking about roasting.. where the hell is Ahsan?!

Spend a lot of time trolling in game with my boy shokey who i still consider a good friend of mine. I've met a lot of great people on here.
hh remember that was fun.

Really fun to read all these posts about sof’s history. Perhaps janno can make a subforum specially dedicated to posts like these.

I want to read more. Post more pls

Back