Mapcycle.

Raiiden

3D# BAGUETTE
Hello everyone, For some time, I feel that the MC is very boring.
There are too many maps edit ... I talk to some members of the staff and they agree with me .. I know I'm too old for this game and I think I'm too "Old School" but it's too much

.. The maps do not look like anything anymore .
.. Btw I hope you understand .. 3D needs (in my opinion) some old maps in his MC, not just satifying the egy including for example HK boat or HK3

Thank you for reading and I hope I do not speak for nothing. See you soon !

Britt

3D# General
Staff member
Hello everyone, For some time, I feel that the MC is very boring.
There are too many maps edit ... I talk to some members of the staff and they agree with me .. I know I'm too old for this game and I think I'm too "Old School" but it's too much

.. The maps do not look like anything anymore .
.. Btw I hope you understand .. 3D needs (in my opinion) some old maps in his MC, not just satifying the egy including for example HK boat or HK3

Thank you for reading and I hope I do not speak for nothing. See you soon !
So you want HK3 added to the MC.
Whats HK Boat?

Britt

3D# General
Staff member
The one with the the pirate boat and where you can go under water?
Dont like that one myself, but it's okay..

On gametracker you have smth like "fav. maps"
How much of that is true? Its prob based on smth.. Maybe it would be good to have the top maps in our MC as a standard? Maybe other H&S servers are playing clean maps which are in their top favorites.. We can have a look at those too?

Idk if this score ever resets or smth though.. Would not really be accurate if it's measured since the beginning of 3D on gametracker..

Splash

3D# Facebook Expert
Ow, ok.
I suggest HK1, 100% Clean 0 edits
You mean without the booster that boosts you to the bridge? Once removed, Egys would whine a lot.
Well, I know that non-egys are kinda addicted to clean maps more than edited ones, but we also have to accept the fact that sof2 relies on egys, no egys, no sof2. so now egys like edited maps more. therefore we must add edited maps, or whatever they like.
I'm not trying to force you to do whatever egys ask for, but yeah, I think you get the point.

Last edited:

Britt

3D# General
Staff member
You mean without the booster that boosts you to the bridge? Once removed, Egys would whine a lot.
Well, I know that non-egys are kinda addicted to clean maps more than edited ones, but we also have to accept the fact that sof2 relies on egys, no egys, no sof2. so now egys like edited maps more. therefore we must add edited maps, or whatever they like.
I'm not trying to force you to do whatever egys ask for, but yeah, I think you get the point.
HK1 with one booster to bridge is fine.. shouldn't delete that.
To satisfy oldschool players you could delete the staircase, it brings back a good boosted spot that oldschool players tend to like.

Egy's like edited maps indeed, but it's not like its 90 % egy to 10 % other country ratio...
Lately more oldschool players are coming back... We can find a midway that satisfies everyone. For example: every 2 special/editted maps -> add one clean map.

About Raiiden's idea to vote: I think voting for maps is still possible.. It's never bad to get opinions of our players/members by opening a poll. I mean, only members can have their say in here and as far as I know there are more actual players in the game than admins.
A poll should cover all maps we play though, cause finding a favorite isn't hard, but we need atleast a top 15 to get somewhere. Though that, I'm sure outlaw and other editors know what the favorites are of the general community, so Idk if a poll would really be that helpfull for bettering the MC, but we can give it a shot I guess. It's never a bad thing to try bettering 3D ;)

How many maps do we have/actually play every now and then?
Outlaw can you send me a list of mapnames perhaps? Excluding the ones we never play..
It has no rush at all as I need to finish the rules first and I'm so busy irl /: But then I can have a look at it in the future

Lawson

Wake up, kick ass, repeat.
About Raiiden's idea to vote: I think voting for maps is still possible.. It's never bad to get opinions of our players/members by opening a poll. I mean, only members can have their say in here and as far as I know there are more actual players in the game than admins.
A poll should cover all maps we play though, cause finding a favorite isn't hard, but we need atleast a top 15 to get somewhere. Though that, I'm sure outlaw and other editors know what the favorites are of the general community, so Idk if a poll would really be that helpfull for bettering the MC, but we can give it a shot I guess. It's never a bad thing to try bettering 3D ;)
Someone of the staff team should make an public-poll where every player, either a member or guest on this forum, can vote on.

A poll with every playable H&S map on sof & the options for everyone to be able to give their opinion, it eventually will stack up and you got your most loved maps voted together on one poll, which immediatly gives you a example of the mapcycle that should be in here.

I think its a great idea, and to make sure the other players inside the H&S server get to know about the poll, put a link or something obvious in the server message to let them know they can vote for their favorite map.

Im sure this will work out, just an opinion.

Lawson

Wake up, kick ass, repeat.
You could force them to make an account in the server message, so they are able to vote once, but im sure not everyone will make one.