Mapcycle.

outlaw

el papito
Staff member
Here where i will announce the new major updates on the mapcycle.

so please ladies if you spot a glitch in our maps, you want to see a specific map in our server or you hate a map more than roller hatred towards egys.. make a topic with your thoughts we are not a magicians, we do expect a feedback on our work to keep the mapcycle bug free and enjoyable to play.

"Leaders or who can access ftp can update this with the new updates"

Regards.

:scowy:

i will start.

added "shop8" zombie map.

replaced "col4" sniper war with "shop4" ctf stab minigame.

replaced "col1" dont touch the floor with "pra4" hide and seek map. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Cortez

Founder of 3D
Staff member
@Mclaren Maybe it's nice if you could update this topic too once in a while when you have changed some things in mapcycle.

@Janno Is it possible we create a topic in this Member Section where a live feed of the current mapcycle is visible? Something like the 3D Team-layout? 

outlaw

el papito
Staff member
*fixed some glitches in the mapcycle maps*

"mp_kam2" stun map added.

replaced "shop4" ctf with "pra1" stab minigame.

Just a thought from me. It should be nice if you have folders with complete mapcycles ready to load. So a folder with all the containing .ent files, weaponfiles, mapcyle.txt etc.

So you can change easy from 1 cycle to a complete new one. Dont know if it is already there now, but that was just my point of view.

outlaw

el papito
Staff member
we can barley handle one mapcycle lol

when we fix some stuff, other issues pop up

Cortez

Founder of 3D
Staff member
Hans is right though. We have so many maps in the FTP. Maybe it's nice to create 3 or 4 complete mapcycles of ~12 maps. Including weaponfiles etc, then maybe Janno can create some sort of button where you can switch through the mapcycles easily. 

Ofcourse this takes a lot of time to create, but in the end it's very easy to switch maps (just click the button for "mapcycle 2" or "mapcycle 3")

outlaw

el papito
Staff member
have to check every single map we got, i still don't have the full access to our all maps weaponfile etc, only the maps on the edit server, give me access and some time i will have it done.

Janno

3D# General
Staff member
Hans is right though. We have so many maps in the FTP. Maybe it's nice to create 3 or 4 complete mapcycles of ~12 maps. Including weaponfiles etc, then maybe Janno can create some sort of button where you can switch through the mapcycles easily. 

Ofcourse this takes a lot of time to create, but in the end it's very easy to switch maps (just click the button for "mapcycle 2" or "mapcycle 3")
i think i made it once before actually, weekend + weekday maps afaik.

Shovel

aka Satoshi
Staff member
agreed, a lot of ppl have their favorite maps and will come to the server when it comes on (atleast I used to have my fav maps back in the day). Mapcycle with 10 maps is good nuff imo.
Would be possible to adjust mapcycle to playercount?

If we could track which maps attract most players there could be a mapcycle that will run when the server is empty to attract more players.

And the other way around, if there's a lot of people skip smaller maps