• Give seeker 2 extra teleport nade

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Don’t change

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

Mclaren

3D# Leader
Staff member
As stated in the previous topic about fire nade, we think it's time for a redo.

Picture urself at the receiving end of a fire nade. The duration of it is quite long right?

Picture urself as a seeker and 10 hiders have a fire nade, u will get slowed so many times that it's barely impossible to win a round.

A fire nade shud be a last resort. Used for an escape if u feel trapped, cornered or u just nob, true. But as a seeker it's a whole lot of bullshit.

Ppl who don't play much and get ftd to seek, will be demotivated by things like this and might go to red or rq.

So therefore this poll:

Do we reduce the time affected by the fire nade?
Or do we give seekers extra teleport nades?

As stated in the previous topic about fire nade, we think it's time for a redo.

Picture urself at the receiving end of a fire nade. The duration of it is quite long right?

Picture urself as a seeker and 10 hiders have a fire nade, u will get slowed so many times that it's barely impossible to win a round.

A fire nade shud be a last resort. Used for an escape if u feel trapped, cornered or u just nob, true. But as a seeker it's a whole lot of bullshit.

Ppl who don't play much and get ftd to seek, will be demotivated by things like this and might go to red or rq.

So therefore this poll:

Do we reduce the time affected by the fire nade?
Or do we give seekers extra teleport nades?
Poll result is obvious

Btw, as MM1 and Firenade are currently attached together, reducing Firenade slowdown time will reduce MM1 slowdown time.

Changes:

firenade / MM1 range reduced from 300 to 250
Firenade / MM1 instead of having a hard cut slowdown time now have a gradual increase after the fire is out / you’re out of the area.
Hiders nade count is limited (hiders get Firenade randomly, count of how many will be handed out is based on seeker count, 1 seek is 1 Firenade, 2 seeks is 2 Firenades, …)

so i played a little with the new mechanics
1; the telegun is cool, most egys dont understand it and think they can kill seekers with it somehow spraying the whole 5 bullets in them hhh. (also i think it would be nice if it is droppable so you could give it to someone who is lower than you and he can shoot you to get up a roof for example, gives it a nice touch imo)
2; the random firenade is not really working for me: seeker has 3 mm1 shots, and its pretty powerful so if you get shot as hider you're fucked 9/10 times even if you have smoh nade. (the duration and severity of the slow is pretty big). if for instance you play with 8 hiders and 2 seek, you're very likely to get shot by mm1 and there is almost no escape, i find that kinda gamebreaking since you have no means to defend yourself from it. i think that we should all be able to have firenade but perhaps make it less powerful for hiders so that you at least have a better chance if you get mm1'd. and also so it doesnt make it too hard for seekers, just a nice balance.
3; @Janno i heard kid say that the M4 now completely stops seekers if they get stunned, i tested it too when a seek was jumping from the lower box on mp_hos1 to the ledge of red spawn and he coulndnt make that jump cause of the shot (the jump is easily possible even when stunned)
I cannot 100% confirm this but it might be a bug or it is intended?

thanks for reading guys peace and may the egy force be with you through these changes

the random firenade is not really working for me: seeker has 3 mm1 shots, and its pretty powerful so if you get shot as hider you're fucked 9/10 times even if you have smoh nade. (the duration and severity of the slow is pretty big). if for instance you play with 8 hiders and 2 seek, you're very likely to get shot by mm1 and there is almost no escape, i find that kinda gamebreaking since you have no means to defend yourself from it. i think that we should all be able to have firenade but perhaps make it less powerful for hiders so that you at least have a better chance if you get mm1'd. and also so it doesnt make it too hard for seekers, just a nice balance.
mm1 range was reduced and the speed will gradually increase as soon as you're out of the area, so it's not as bad as it used to be. Is this an outcome of playtesting or theoretical position right now?
@Janno i heard kid say that the M4 now completely stops seekers if they get stunned, i tested it too when a seek was jumping from the lower box on mp_hos1 to the ledge of red spawn and he coulndnt make that jump cause of the shot (the jump is easily possible even when stunned)
I cannot 100% confirm this but it might be a bug or it is intended?
discovered a small bug which will be fixed in the future release

Also, the firenade stacks with the normal nade you have already so that gives only 1 hider (except for m4 and rbg guys ofc) a bigger advantage. You can even get the firenade, telegun, m4 and normal nade at once, thats kinda unbalanced i think

Also, the firenade stacks with the normal nade you have already so that gives only 1 hider (except for m4 and rbg guys ofc) a bigger advantage. You can even get the firenade, telegun, m4 and normal nade at once, thats kinda unbalanced i think
it's made to stack yes. Yet again you're speaking only about x amount of firenades in total per seeker, so doesn't matter if it stacks. 3 firenades is better than 20.

RPG speed drain is turned on so RPG is an advantage for boosting and for running for about 25 seconds, nothing more.

Telegun is so horrible you're probably lucky if you do hit something so I wouldn't say this is unbalanced.

mm1 range was reduced and the speed will gradually increase as soon as you're out of the area, so it's not as bad as it used to be. Is this an outcome of playtesting or theoretical position right now?

discovered a small bug which will be fixed in the future release
i was on kam5 and got shot with mm1 and i was right in the middle of it, tried to move out but no chance at all, also it didnt seem like i gained more speed somehow, i think we should test this some more. dont get me wrong, the idea is nice but you're still slowed down pretty hard, the range reduction doesnt really compensate imo

also it didnt seem like i gained more speed somehow
speed gain starts when you're out of the 250 unit radius (firenade effect area) or when the fire is out. Before it was that the slowdown effect was applied constantly without any speed gain in the end.

you're speaking only about the pov of a hider right now. These modifications weren't made to make hiding more fun (except telegun), they were made to make seeking more easy, because it's a living hell for seekers anyhow. Players don't want to seek and there's only a handful of actually competent seekers playing the game (@Kid you're definitely not one kekw)

i understand that you dont really like so much firenades, but perhaps just nerf it in such a way that you have a better chance for escaping mm1

hhh ok ok i get it, i know thaty seeking is trash atm
cant you do something like the firenade but the effect is lik 1/4th of the original?

Back