• Hello, Guest. Please download our custom maps for the upcoming custom maps weekend! You can access all of the maps here: https://maps.3d-sof2.com/

Cool Custom Commands

Devil

ze übermensch
Hey gamers,

So i came back with some cool custom commands to help you practise sof2 minigames or play them with your friends

How this shit works? well basically i made a custom command for every minigame and some extra useful commands, the commands are.:

1- !rpg = rpg wars

2- !os = one shot wars

3- !sniper = sniper wars

4- !stab = stab wars

5- !hns = hide&seek

6- !hnz = humans&zombies

7- !mm1 = MM1 wars

8- !rtl <value> = change the server g_roundtimelimit

9- !speed <value> = change the server g_speed

10- !gravity <value> = change the server g_gravity

just like !g h&s and !g h&z

How to install:

1- Copy the .wpn files to your server weaponfiles folder

2- Copy "minigames" folder to your 1fx folder

3- Copy "CustomCommands.txt" file to 1fx/files and replace it with your current one

You can change your minigame settings or add more settings from the cfg files inside minigames folder and change the wpn files values if you know what you are doing

BUT DO NOT RENAME the minigames folder,and the wpn files name, and the cfg files name or else the commands will not work.

Attachments

• DevCommands.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

kawa

Cool idea!
If you want a programming exercise you could make a program that takes user settings, generates the files and places them in the appropriate directories.
This will also make the general public engage in creating mini-games themselves and maybe implementing some in servers.
should be a fairly beginner-friendly software to make ;0

Devil

ze übermensch
Cool idea!
If you want a programming exercise you could make a program that takes user settings, generates the files and places them in the appropriate directories.
This will also make the general public engage in creating mini-games themselves and maybe implementing some in servers.
should be a fairly beginner-friendly software to make ;0
i have actually always thought of that but i cant figure out how to make it yet or from where to start, i am a newbie at programming

kawa

I bet every language will do for something like this, in python for example, you could make a script that opens (or creates if doesn't exist) all necessary files for your custom commands, then make some functions that take input from users to append into the files and even edits the sof2mp.cfg file to add the bind into the game when the user log in.
It is basically manipulating strings, I would recommend learning a little about strings in general and then get to work with the open() function to assign file contents into variable and manipulating it, heck you could even use Regular Expressions which I recently learnt :D
Here is a good place to start:
Strings basics
File handling
also if you need any help hit me up ;] I kinda enjoy this stuff for some reason
but I think figuring this out yourself is the fun part, just ask if you have any questions

Janno

3D# General
Staff member
I bet every language will do for something like this, in python for example, you could make a script that opens (or creates if doesn't exist) all necessary files for your custom commands, then make some functions that take input from users to append into the files and even edits the sof2mp.cfg file to add the bind into the game when the user log in.
It is basically manipulating strings, I would recommend learning a little about strings in general and then get to work with the open() function to assign file contents into variable and manipulating it, heck you could even use Regular Expressions which I recently learnt :D
Here is a good place to start:
Strings basics
File handling
also if you need any help hit me up ;] I kinda enjoy this stuff for some reason
but I think figuring this out yourself is the fun part, just ask if you have any questions
http://codingbat.com, try it out, starts from the basics. Unfortunately it doesn’t handle file manipulation, but covers a lot of stuff which will be helpful.